Match of the Day Thread 16/17

nelsjfc

Sigh. Going on about "feeling" for John Stones and bring "Delighted" for Vardy.

Charlie Adam starting and scoring at the Emirates.

It was a penalty, to be fair, and I wouldn't have him playing for Scotland. I'd much rather Morrison and McArthur or even Brown in the midfield.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a penalty, to be fair, and I wouldn't have him playing for Scotland. I'd much rather Morrison and McArthur or even Brown in the midfield.

Probably not but he's definitely an option especially against "lesser" nations. Arsenal's third highlighted the issues with him through.

Given hulls penalty no wonder, snodgrass wasn't close to being fouled for his penalty

Snodgrass one probably wasn't a penalty either but for Palace to decide they are justified in diving constantly after that is pretty despicable. Harsh on Hull City that I thought, defenders looked too scared to put a tackle in.

Can't believe* that a regulation 1-0 Chelsea win with no controversial incidents or outstanding skill gets top billing over a 2-2 with a soft penalty and controversial red card.
* I can actually believe it.

Controversial red card? Stonewaller I'd say!

Rondón should really have walked for his entirely obvious slap on Rojo, too. Incidentally, Rondón last received a straight red card for violent conduct on the 19th of December 2015, ruling him out of three of West Brom's festive fixtures. Going for a Kevin Nolan-esque run of Christmas suspensions, IMO. 

13 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I thought it was dangerous. Dawson's eyes were on the ball and he didn't see the thump in the head coming.

i thought the same last night when i watched the game, was a pretty dangerous contact he made, also the west brom boy booked for barging the man united player down the touchline when the ball was miles away (canny mind the players), as much as it isnt a red card, id like to see them given for shit like that, he clearly had no intention of chasing the ball and had his eyes on the united player the whole time, this whole "takes one for the team" nonsense does my tits in, send them off for shit like that and it will stop

Free play? Burnley's first away goal from free play since May? Just when you thought you couldn't despise the arrogant c**t Pearce any further he comes out with this shit before you manage to turn the volume down on him.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived