Hurlford Utd news 2016/17

The'FORD

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurlford in bottom 3 tonight, I don't know what go's on in the inner circle of the club but from a distance it's bizarre to watch a club slide hopelessly towards relegation without anybody appearing to do (or want to do too much about it). The loyalty their showing to the management and some players is commendable, strange & foolish all at the same time, I wonder if they will realise they need to do something different before it's too late? This has been coming from the last 8/10 games of last season when they gave up playing football and started lumping it at every opportunity.

26 minutes ago, Armchairfan said:

Hurlford won't go down, far too much quality in their team. Might be missing one or two but I would doubt very much they will get relegated

Hope your right its been a long time since any of that quality has been on show.

The problem the Manager and players have is matching the previous successes. When success arrives relatively overnight it`s great at the time but it`s even harder to sustain that type of level over a number of seasons and as soon as results dip even in the slightest it changes the landscape from the supporters point of you. Realistically they should be looking to steady themselves and start planning for next season now. 

Hurlford imho will be in the premier next season . Not so sure darvel will ever reach the dizzy heights of that , but being relegated from the super 1st is well within your capabilities , if you ever get out the districts

I would say relegation it can happen to any team anytime

Agree. Any team in a relegation battle who thinks they are too good to go down will inevitably get relegated. Don't think that is the case at Hurlford as the players I speak to are fully aware of the situation and that is that if we don't start winning soon we will drop.

I don't think anyone at hurlford are under any allusions that it is a given that they will stay up. Spoke to some of there supporters on Saturday and they know they could go down on the form they have shown this season 

Of course relegation is a possibility. 

As mentioned, bigger clubs have went down in recent years. 

However, it's not as if the club are 'expecting' to stay up. 

I don't think they will go down, but with one win in 14 competitive games it is obvious that they will have to improve. 

All at Hurlford United were sad to hear of the passing on Tuesday night of legendary Auchinleck Talbot centre-back Sam McCulloch following a long illness. 

The thoughts and sympathies of everyone at The 'Ford go to his wife Sandra and their family at this sad time.

One minute's silence and flag at half mast in respect.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived