The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

4 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Other options potentially Griffiths / Cillian Sheridan.

Yep I've seen those names suggested on Twitter, along with Lafferty also being available and a possible option.

This is the second time there's been a social media post which has hinted/alluded to rumours EK would be signing Goodwillie, that's clearly deliberate and in quite poor taste..

4 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Yep I've seen those names suggested on Twitter, along with Lafferty also being available and a possible option.

This is the second time there's been a social media post which has hinted/alluded to rumours EK would be signing Goodwillie, that's clearly deliberate and in quite poor taste..

I think you could file their tweet under attention seeking.

34 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

It’s cringy as fk, proper embarrassing to think it’s appropriate and to string it out for so long, can’t be good for the club’s image 

Edited by Spyro

Its never going to be goodwillie. Lafferty would be my guess. But the wordplay and general tone from the twitter account is shocking. Regardless of there viewpoint on goodwillies situation, it’s no laughing matter. Poor poor taste to say the least. 

Mick Kennedy is clearly supportive of Goodwillie but I’d still doubt he will be the player referred to, given the troubles his signing has caused other clubs. Even if Kennedy was stupid enough to sign him others would need to agree. Whoever runs the social media account though knows exactly what they’re doing and it’s piss poor. From the names mentioned on here, Cillian Sheridan probably fits the bill most, a good pal of Si Ferry’s too. 

Edited by JagsCG

53 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Even hinting at signing Goodwillie to get some attention is in incredibly poor taste. But if they actually sign him, then f**k me, it’d be an outrageous combination of having no morals and being absolute morons.

When the non league English team signed him they tried to get away with it by having him just appear in the lineup for a game from nowhere. Surely if EK were mental enough to sign him they’d realise that teasing the signing like this would lead to maximum backlash. As it is it wouldn’t surprise me if they get a few disgruntled sponsors on the phone off the back of the tweet.

21 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Its never going to be goodwillie. Lafferty would be my guess. But the wordplay and general tone from the twitter account is shocking. Regardless of there viewpoint on goodwillies situation, it’s no laughing matter. Poor poor taste to say the least. 

Agree with this John, Lafferty would seem to be the most likely one, but it’s piss poor from the social media guy, clearly isn’t reading the room very well.

Teasing Goodwillie when it is obviously not him is absolutely dreadful stuff. This is the second time with the same patter, it makes them come across as a horrible little outfit.

Tinpot.

Edited by Neilly

14 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

They have previous.

25963E4B-16B5-4CA9-86A0-7D9EA62572B4.jpeg

Absolutely disgusting club.  Even if they don't sign the rapist their twitter pish should see sponsors running for the hills.

Kennedy is a disgrace.  

Did Goodwillie make it over to Australia before that club binned him? Seems unlikely that EK would get a deal in place so quickly after him and his agent has negotiated that Aussie contract.

I think/hope this is just thick-as-shit attention seeking from the social media guy, it has certainly garnered attention (original tweet has more than 232,000 views which is impressive for a Lowland League side) but this surely can't be an approach the club condones?

1 minute ago, Hauzen said:

Did Goodwillie make it over to Australia before that club binned him? Seems unlikely that EK would get a deal in place so quickly after him and his agent has negotiated that Aussie contract.

I think/hope this is just thick-as-shit attention seeking from the social media guy, it has certainly garnered attention (original tweet has more than 232,000 views which is impressive for a Lowland League side) but this surely can't be an approach the club condones?

Kennedy seems perfectly happy with it going by his own Twitter - EK can’t help what people read into it apparently. He is coming across like an utterly vile individual.