The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 19/09/2023 at 21:50, johnmc80 said:

🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻🏻

CDA09579-E1CD-4BB0-86E5-85A1A65D3999.jpeg

Hello John Auld pal . 

Thank you for todays pumping (expected).

From a sour grapes of point of view I think yer ground is a mix of Heriot Watt and Meadowbank and that's been a few years for yourselves to improve.

One sides grounds won't work for your ambitions. 

Best wishes by the way. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Hello John Auld pal . 

Thank you for todays pumping (expected).

From a sour grapes of point of view I think yer ground is a mix of Heriot Watt and Meadowbank and that's been a few years for yourselves to improve.

One sides grounds won't work for your ambitions. 

Best wishes by the way. 

Hope you’re keeping well newky.

Been along time since your team first visited kpark in what was our very first home game at this level. 
No sour grapes at all pal. The ground hasn’t changed much since your first visit with the exception of the added stand behind the goal. Matchday experince could be a hell of a lot better. Problem is its deemed good enough for this level and wont change untill we move up the leagues. (If we ever manage that)

I wasnt there today so never got the chance to see how yous are looking.  But for old times sake, get it up yeh!!😁

Best of luck for the rest of the season mate.

28 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Hope you’re keeping well newky.

Been along time since your team first visited kpark in what was our very first home game at this level. 
No sour grapes at all pal. The ground hasn’t changed much since your first visit with the exception of the added stand behind the goal. Matchday experince could be a hell of a lot better. Problem is its deemed good enough for this level and wont change untill we move up the leagues. (If we ever manage that)

I wasnt there today so never got the chance to see how yous are looking.  But for old times sake, get it up yeh!!😁

Best of luck for the rest of the season mate.

:lol: Couldn't get behind goals today there was a minor few there right enough but the rest of your stand,as i stated  views similar to Heriot Watt, Meadowbank and now i mention it Dunbar have a fine new set up. I was left by the hot dog stall wi a few others. 

I'm sure you'll manage it this year yer team looked good without getting out 1st gear. 

On another note we maybes were small in numbers but had a decent day at the sports hub boosting their coffers. :guinness

Edited by newcastle broon

FB-IMG-1695502532359.jpg

New kit for EK today, always liked the club colours but the badge is like a dodgy MS Paint effort and it sits far too high up and seemingly not straight which just looks weird.

The white Kappa box on the short looks shit also.

Today was a really well contested match. As ever Strollers well organised,  dangerous at set plays. Their delivery into the box was top class. Well done our keeper and defence for coping. 

The Strollers goalie was outstanding and clearly  MoM, had about 6 worldy saves , plus as many great blocks by defenders.

We stuck to our game plan, tbf could and should have been a more comfortable win, that's not how it works,  every point  needs to be earned,  as it should be.

3 points today but was a hard watch at times, I'd like to see us come out of 2nd gear sometimes.

Credit to civil service strollers keeper who was outstanding in goal today and also their defence, put their bodies on the line so many times to prevent us scoring 3 or 4 more

Si Ferry actually makes a remark about this near the start of the latest Open Goal podcast. He tells Slaney and Kevin Kyle that he looked over to the Civil Service bench the other day and there was 3 or 4 of them and he looked at theirs's and there was all sorts of Coaches and a proper Coaching team, then he said that it wasn't like last season, when he wanted extra players at Broomhill he knew the answer was no, this season the guys behind the scene at EK make it happen, no hassles and mentioned at some point they were still looking to bring guys in.

Must be a Manger/Assistant Managers dream, so fair play to them, it's giving them every tool to succeed I suppose .

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Si Ferry actually makes a remark about this near the start of the latest Open Goal podcast. He tells Slaney and Kevin Kyle that he looked over to the Civil Service bench the other day and there was 3 or 4 of them and he looked at theirs's and there was all sorts of Coaches and a proper Coaching team, then he said that it wasn't like last season, when he wanted extra players at Broomhill he knew the answer was no, this season the guys behind the scene at EK make it happen, no hassles and mentioned at some point they were still looking to bring guys in.

Must be a Manger/Assistant Managers dream, so fair play to them, it's giving them every tool to succeed I suppose .

Remember  Gretna. Cowden play the latest incarnation Gretna 2008 on Saturday. They are shipping loads of goals and are prime candidates for relegation.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

The wages are chickenfeed !