The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Kennedy seems perfectly happy with it going by his own Twitter - EK can’t help what people read into it apparently. He is coming across like an utterly vile individual. 

Aye you're not wrong, he could easily come out and say it's not Goodwillie. Seems happy to keep this going and that's pretty disgraceful.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-21-58-07-491-com-t

2 hours ago, Spyro said:

It’s cringy as fk, proper embarrassing to think it’s appropriate and to string it out for so long, can’t be good for the club’s image 

The club image deserves all it gets for taking on Kennedy. Did they not watch the team talks last year? Guy's a walking ego.

Edited by jimbaxters

7 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

Aye you're not wrong, he could easily come out and say it's not Goodwillie. Seems happy to keep this going and that's pretty disgraceful.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-21-58-07-491-com-t

He probably thinks "fews" is the correct term. Oh dear.

Especially with the Forster backlash in the last couple of weeks still pretty fresh with us, I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would go near Goodwillie - or even think teasing the suggestion is anything other than PR suicide. Are people pulling the strings at clubs just completely tone deaf to public opinion or do they just simply not give two sh*ts regardless?

Mick Kennedy being a feeble-minded helmet isn't exactly groundbreaking news but it's mad how keen he seems to keep reminding folk of the fact.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

All this hub bub and it'll be Cillian Sheridan lol. They know precisely what they're doing, maybe Si is giving them tips on how to create attention for the club.

I’m afraid this comes with the territory when you have 2 “personalities” at the helm, you would think Ferry and his cohorts at Open Goal would be able to offer some advice on how to handle the social media side of things.

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

“Right Si, any tips on how we can try to build the support base for the club”

”how about we make everyone think we’re all c***s” 

I mean it worked well enough for Open Goal 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

Especially with the Forster backlash in the last couple of weeks still pretty fresh with us, I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would go near Goodwillie - or even think teasing the suggestion is anything other than PR suicide. Are people pulling the strings at clubs just completely tone deaf to public opinion or do they just simply not give two sh*ts regardless?

Football is an echo chamber. Theres a lot of leeway given to players who have done some absolutely horrendous things because of their skills. With Goodwillie, I suspect both ourselves and every club after have said "it can't be that bad" only for it to turn into an absolute shitstorm. 

There's so many folk who run off a narrative too justify it too. People talk about how he only left after 'Val and Nicola' waded in but it's just done to simplify the situation. Our crowd for the game where he was in the stand, the day after signing was down by about 500. TAG Games were our other shirt sponsor who walked. As did the whole of our renowned Raith TV crew. We didn't even have a safety officer for Starks because they'd walked away. It was one of the largest, impromptu successful fan actions which has taken place in Scottish football but people want to claim it was two people alone who made the decision.