The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

24 minutes ago, Nicholas Rage said:

A few footballers have also decided to invest in chicken franchises in recent years.

Some younger players are also offered a Football contract plus job at Poundland Nando’sΒ 

Essentially, do other managers without Kennedy's profile at tier 5/6 level do a better job at East Kilbride with the squad and resources they've got? Almost certainly. His reputation seems to have gotten off scot free in what was fundamentally a complete failure in not getting that EK team out the LL last year and into League 2 even when handed a big slice of fortune with the Buckie scenario. As much as he can brush it aside, that squad/spending/season last year was a total kitchen sink job with one goal in mind that wasn't met even at a huge advantage almost the entire way through.

Just now, Omnishambles said:

Essentially, do other managers without Kennedy's profile at tier 5/6 level do a better job at East Kilbride with the squad and resources they've got? Almost certainly. His reputation seems to have gotten off scot free in what was fundamentally a complete failure in not getting that EK team out the LL last year and into League 2 even when handed a big slice of fortune with the Buckie scenario. As much as he can brush it aside, that squad/spending/season last year was a total kitchen sink job with one goal in mind that wasn't met even at a huge advantage almost the entire way through.

Not sure MK is held in high stock in SPFL.
Bonnyrigg went for Calum Elliot who finished 10th with Cowden. Clyde passed him over too.

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Mk is a fraud he did nothing apart from beating a very poor Aberdeen team when at darvel and look what he did to them the guy blocks everyone on twitter who says anything bad has for si ferry well he and slaney think they know football but slaney didnt actually do much did he same has ferry also is the rumours true that mk is running a other business but fronting it with black rooster it should be called white rooster if it's true but let's not kid ourselves here with this guy yes he has money yes he beat Aberdeen but that was luck but has a person is he someone in football u need no he is the Micheal beale in the lower leagues a fraud and mk if ur reading this tell us if ur not pumping ur dodgy money in to ek like u did with DarvelΒ 

Good to see your still bitter πŸ˜‰ Beating Aberdeen was lucky was it really if your going to post keep it right then you might get taken seriouslyΒ 

11 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Good to see your still bitter πŸ˜‰ Beating Aberdeen was lucky was it really if your going to post keep it right then you might get taken seriouslyΒ 

So seriously u think it wasn't lucky oh well never mind u nothing against small teams beating big teams what the problem I think is with mist people the circus he had surrounding it and after it it was uncalled for to be fair specially after his team get beat 8 - 0 but nothing about that no soldier of love in a big cup game but let's see Saturday if Aberdeen turn up and put 10 past him and his teamΒ 

17 minutes ago, dennispaterson said:

Players chance to get rid of Goodwin. Oh and it happened

31 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

So seriously u think it wasn't lucky oh well never mind u nothing against small teams beating big teams what the problem I think is with mist people the circus he had surrounding it and after it it was uncalled for to be fair specially after his team get beat 8 - 0 but nothing about that no soldier of love in a big cup game but let's see Saturday if Aberdeen turn up and put 10 past him and his teamΒ 

Did Darvel play well that night ? A full time team v a part time team yes they did. Was their a bit of circus yeah but thats the joy of football after such a win, I get folk hating on Mk they don't like him they don't rate him without money I get thatΒ 

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

I think it’s a push to say that Darvel were lucky that night. Aberdeen were on an absolutely woeful run right enough at that point, but they should still have had enough in them to beat Darvel, but Mick set them up well to stop them.

46 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

I'm no MKs biggest fan but by God his team takes a doing & this thread turns into an absolute troll fest!Β 

He doesn't help himself but feel bad for the EK fans on here.

Β 

2 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

NO DIFFERENCE IN KILBY BUYING LL TITLE AS THE GRUESOME TWOSOME BUYING THE TIER ONE TITLE !

Tbf, you hear a lot less songsΒ about wading through a particular variety of blood, or celebrating acts of terrorism against one's own country, at EK games than at those of Celtgers. Which is very much a good thing.

East Kilbride have a huge financial advantage over everyone in the LL and probably majority of the clubs in league two.Β 
Β 

MK biggest mistake was getting Si Ferry on board, who failed miserably in the same league with Broomhill.Β 
Β 

He should have went for experience, but decided to go for limelight and social media attention instead.Β 
Β 

Regardless of the financial situation, Tranent could have a sniff of a challenge here if they could show a bit consistency.Β 
Β 

EK will drop more points this season that they did last.

13 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Aside from inbred Ayrshire ned-speak giving me a headache, I'm not sure the owners of this board will appreciate you accusing Kennedy of a serious crime, albeit behind the veil of anonymity like a spineless w****r.

Kennedy is never out the papers but he never speaks about his businesses or how he made his money. I'm not accusing him of anything on a public board that I have no evidence of but I reckon anyone with a brain can make their own conclusions here.Β 

Saw an update that EK won't be running an U20s side this season. Blaming it on lads stepping up to senior football elsewhere, which does rather beg the question as to why they aren't getting an opportunity at EK. And for a club of their means, surely they can attract some new players, & also let it serve as an opportunity to bring some U18s through into the 20s? Seems a strange one.