The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 01/10/2024 at 09:58, Kilbyfan said:

Definitely a close one..BR have lurked about the bottom half of SPL2 since promotion and just haven’t pushed on like Kelty or Cove. That said, they always gave us a difficult game (often beating us) when they were in the LL, and to be fair to them at least they won their play-offs.. Definitely not to be feared but a  challenge. I think the current EK team should have enough to win as long as the defence has a good game

They don’t have people throwing money at them like Kelty, Cove, Spartans etc

5 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Spartans' spending nowhere near the other two when they were at the same level.

Over £200k invested in 2021/22 and loss of over £100k that financial year and also in the following financial year. Recent press reports that further shares being issued. Clearly their financial model isn’t sustainable. 

That’s a shameif Spartans are struggling financially. I’ve always had a soft spot for them even though we were rivals in the LL for years. A well-run local club that is great in the community..I’d have thought that being in L2 would have made a big difference to their finances and will be reflected in 23/24 and beyond? 

2 hours ago, Kilbyfan said:

That’s a shameif Spartans are struggling financially. I’ve always had a soft spot for them even though we were rivals in the LL for years. A well-run local club that is great in the community..I’d have thought that being in L2 would have made a big difference to their finances and will be reflected in 23/24 and beyond? 

They need to speak to St Cadocs who seem to have managed to persuade OSCR that their £174k first team budget is a charitable purpose and is funded by their charity.

Spartans have a far bigger charity than St Cadocs I would think.