The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Is Craig Reid a right-back normally? If so,I’d like to see him play there with proc and  Craig howie reunited in the middle of defence.. Craig Reid has been solid since he’s came here and I can’t see him dropping out now that proc is back 

2 hours ago, surely not! said:

Not if the person is out of contract and a free agent. Which is the same as applies in the Premiership and all other pro leagues

This isn't true.  I believe from League 2 upwards you can't sign players outside the transfer windows (unless it's a sanctioned loan from the SPFL).  The rules changed and anyone signed in the senior leagues now as a free agent will need to wait until January before they can play.  Lowland League and below operate different rules.

This isn't true.  I believe from League 2 upwards you can't sign players outside the transfer windows (unless it's a sanctioned loan from the SPFL).  The rules changed and anyone signed in the senior leagues now as a free agent will need to wait until January before they can play.  Lowland League and below operate different rules.

The guy Sean Clare that played for hearts the other night was a free agent who signed for hearts after the transfer window closed ( some time in September) so that leads me to believe that signing free agents is still ok above the Lowland

7 minutes ago, surely not! said:

The guy Sean Clare that played for hearts the other night was a free agent who signed for hearts after the transfer window closed ( some time in September) so that leads me to believe that signing free agents is still ok above the Lowland

It's different cross-border

Stirling signed that striker released by Falkirk the other week - they've signed him as an ammy though rather than a paid professional.
I'm sure I read (regarding the Mackin transfer) that league 2 and League 1, can sign people as amateurs and they're able to play in the 1St team, however a premiership and championship club signing someone on an amateur term can only play them in the reserves.

Aye thought it was a fair reflection of the game selfy. Bit scrappy but thought we tried to get it down and play as much as possible. Will take the 3 points against yous all day though as i thought yous might have taken something today. On a side note, had the pleasure of sitting in amongst ur lot today. That old fella willie dosnae shut up.lol royal pain in the arse[emoji23]

Aye thought it was a fair reflection of the game selfy. Bit scrappy but thought we tried to get it down and play as much as possible. Will take the 3 points against yous all day though as i thought yous might have taken something today. On a side note, had the pleasure of sitting in amongst ur lot today. That old fella willie dosnae shut up.lol royal pain in the arse[emoji23]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

We do have a few rather vocal fans. The referee seems to be on the wrong end of it most weeks and when we're losing it gets even worse!

It was the linesman who was taking it tight yesterday.[emoji23] took my 6 year old daughter with me yesterday and when she saw oor willie coming back after half time she said, “aw no dad, theres that shouty man again”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] brilliant!