The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Yes and final league game today at Tranent ideal preparation. Proper intense game ,we  played very well, couple of injury scares, that aside all good.

Big thanks to Tranent,  welcome and hospitality second to none. Class guard of honour and beers left in dressing room top stuff

Hope EK can get a decent competitive game lined up before the playoffs. 

Looks like it could end up being Stranraer they face and not Clyde, I don't fancy EK's chances if that were the case and Stranraer are a side with a history & ground that I'd rather not see lost to the league setup.

Would much rather it was Clyde who were getting papped into the Lowland with an EK victory.

8 hours ago, Hauzen said:

Looks like it could end up being Stranraer they face and not Clyde, I don't fancy EK's chances if that were the case and Stranraer are a side with a history & ground that I'd rather not see lost to the league setup.

Would much rather it was Clyde who were getting papped into the Lowland with an EK victory.

I don’t think Stranraer’s past is going to help them, it sounds like EK would have a much better chance against them than Clyde based on current form.

Reports from Forfar were that Stranraer were chronic and showed no fight at all.  Not to say they can’t regroup for the playoff ties, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

18 hours ago, Hauzen said:

We've got 2 1/2 weeks between our last league game and our cup final, fancy a trip to Dundee? ;) 

Been reading posts in other forums about how many teams don't want east kilbride to get promotion due to the spending on players this season. 

I'm starting to think it would be unfair on other teams in scottish league 2 if we did get promotion as it appears they're paying their players in food stamps and refundable irn bru bottles .

5 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

Been reading posts in other forums about how many teams don't want east kilbride to get promotion due to the spending on players this season. 

I'm starting to think it would be unfair on other teams in scottish league 2 if we did get promotion as it appears they're paying their players in food stamps and refundable irn bru bottles .

Yeah, you make a fair point. I think you guys on the terraces are going to have to have thick skins if you go up next season, there will probably be a lot of bitching.

Did you get a friendly match organised for this weekend?

12 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

I'd expect some of the better players in League 2 are on £300 a week, perhaps a little more in some cases, so it's not peanuts.

However, it's incredibly frustrating that your club can have an excellent business model and generate a high a turnover as could be reasonable expected with an average attendance of 500-600, then be overtaken by a club paying some players double that because a rich guy gave them money.

Edited by Am Featha Taigh Nan Clach

8 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I'd expect some of the better players in League 2 are on £300 a week, perhaps a little more in some cases, so it's not peanuts.

There are more than a few League 2 players at one particular club on quite a lot more than £300 a week, I know that for a fact.  Not typical, I accept that.

Edited by Cowdenleith

3 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Yeah, you make a fair point. I think you guys on the terraces are going to have to have thick skins if you go up next season, there will probably be a lot of bitching.

Did you get a friendly match organised for this weekend?

Not heard a thing about a friendly 😬

We're all football fans and want our teams to do well, but i think some fans think they're living on baked beans and toast  

I don't have an issue with any club,  i really like the Lowland League and have had great banter with fans of other clubs when they come to k park  

I've always been made welcome on the away games I've attended. 

I really hope we get promotion , if we don't I'll happily continue to support my team and catch up with fans of other clubs I've made friends with in the Lowland League. 

12 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

We're all football fans and want our teams to do well, but i think some fans think they're living on baked beans and toast  

I don't have an issue with any club,  i really like the Lowland League and have had great banter with fans of other clubs when they come to k park  

I really hope we get promotion , if we don't I'll happily continue to support my team and catch up with fans of other clubs I've made friends with in the Lowland League. 

Serious question. If you don't get up (I think you will), do you think the club will cut back on the spending? Is it mostly MK putting his hand in his pocket?

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

They were playing rangers b at rangers training ground tonight i think.