The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

On 05/04/2024 at 10:36, Brian Carrigan said:

Same - from the outside, he's quite literally a caricature of the most unlikable guy you can possibly think of. A man in his mid-40's that dresses like a 13 year old, is terminally online, and seems to have no discernible talent other than having the financial means to surround himself with people who have the required skills. He's not a 'bad guy' or that, just incredibly irritating. He looks like he lives off Elf Bars and Prime. He's basically a Scottish Lower League version of Wayne Lineker. Like someone read a book called 'What will rub most people up the wrong way' and built him in a lab.

I also have to caveat this with the fact that I've met him several times and played against his Colville Park team and he's been brand new. Genuinely sound as f**k. He obviously knows the way he presents himself gets a reaction and annoys folk and he leans into it.

I cannot imagine why he'd want to take a job in the leagues. I said this when he was being touted (clearly by himself) for the Clyde job. He'd get found out rapid. EK's method this season has been extraordinary. I read somewhere that they've used almost 40 players. That can almost be excused if injuries have meant that he's had to dig in to the youth academy, but with every injury it seems like they've just went out and bought someone else. You just can't do that at a team like Clyde, or any team in the SPFL for that matter. EK's season has basically played out like a joke, like some kind of hyper-Darvel.

With all that in mind, I'd absolutely love to see EK go up this season (although PLEASE not at the expense of Clyde ffs). It'd be like some kind of social experiment. I'm absolutely dying to see what MK does when he simply doesn't have unlimited resources.

Looking like Clyde now favourites to avoid any play offs.

Always next year though.

Same - from the outside, he's quite literally a caricature of the most unlikable guy you can possibly think of. A man in his mid-40's that dresses like a 13 year old, is terminally online, and seems to have no discernible talent other than having the financial means to surround himself with people who have the required skills. He's not a 'bad guy' or that, just incredibly irritating. He looks like he lives off Elf Bars and Prime. He's basically a Scottish Lower League version of Wayne Lineker. Like someone read a book called 'What will rub most people up the wrong way' and built him in a lab.

I also have to caveat this with the fact that I've met him several times and played against his Colville Park team and he's been brand new. Genuinely sound as f**k. He obviously knows the way he presents himself gets a reaction and annoys folk and he leans into it.

I cannot imagine why he'd want to take a job in the leagues. I said this when he was being touted (clearly by himself) for the Clyde job. He'd get found out rapid. EK's method this season has been extraordinary. I read somewhere that they've used almost 40 players. That can almost be excused if injuries have meant that he's had to dig in to the youth academy, but with every injury it seems like they've just went out and bought someone else. You just can't do that at a team like Clyde, or any team in the SPFL for that matter. EK's season has basically played out like a joke, like some kind of hyper-Darvel.

With all that in mind, I'd absolutely love to see EK go up this season (although PLEASE not at the expense of Clyde ffs). It'd be like some kind of social experiment. I'm absolutely dying to see what MK does when he simply doesn't have unlimited resources.

Excellent post, BC.

Great post! 

Would think the resources will hit the glass ceiling in League 1 most likely from what I've seen so time for him yet if all goes to plan.

40 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Mick Kennedy and Si Ferry were both in attendance at the Clyde v Stranraer match today. They must be laughing at how wasteful we are and how bad Stranraer are.

That must have been a thrill for everyone 

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Mick Kennedy and Si Ferry were both in attendance at the Clyde v Stranraer match today. They must be laughing at how wasteful we are and how bad Stranraer are.

They must be confident that they will beat the HL opponent, whoever that may be.

Edited by To B or not B

Took this in after old firm, 2 quality ek goals and 2 scrappy goals from Tranent but overall not best game. Yous do concede some amount of poor goals. Was sat no far from ek bench some of the shouts at the side are horrific especially from ferry. 

I'm more curious to see what next season looks like for EK/what the long term implications are if they don't get through the playoffs, considering it's pretty obvious how much they've staked on getting out the league this season. Just a rinse and repeat approach for Kennedy and Co. next season and the army of players recruited or will there be more of a knock-on impact?

On 05/04/2024 at 11:36, Brian Carrigan said:

Hahaha. Enjoyed reading this.

32 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

I'm more curious to see what next season looks like for EK/what the long term implications are if they don't get through the playoffs, considering it's pretty obvious how much they've staked on getting out the league this season. Just a rinse and repeat approach for Kennedy and Co. next season and the army of players recruited or will there be more of a knock-on impact?

I suspect they would go again, that’s been the way of it in previous years. They have enough money to keep going until they get out of the LL.

1 hour ago, To B or not B said:

I suspect they would go again, that’s been the way of it in previous years. They have enough money to keep going until they get out of the LL.

I agree, am sure they will go again. Must have gone through a few hundred k this season though.

Correct,  as Hearts cannot be crowned Champions, but we still need a point to actually win the league.  Be nice to get over the line today, set up Speakers Night nicely!

On 08/04/2024 at 21:24, Cowdenleith said:

I agree, am sure they will go again. Must have gone through a few hundred k this season though.

And the rest.  More like £300k+.

1 minute ago, bigwullieac said:

EK celebrating their league win with another signing? Farcical club. The transfer window is going to utterly wreck their season next year if they do manage to go up

Who did they sign?