The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

20 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Nope, the same deadline as in the SPFL, sometimes in January I think. 31st March only applies to Lowland League games.

No idea why EK have paid cash ( quite a lot if the rumours are true ! ) for our captain in Feb If he can't play in the playoffs. They've already won the league but may not win the playoffs! Sean could move for nothing in May. 

Or has the EK Club secretary made a wee mistake ? I would imagine this won't happen now If the paperwork has still to be signed. 

Anyway If he has moved - all the best to Sean - what a fantastic Albion Rovers captain and player. 

6 minutes ago, teekasule said:

Or has the EK Club secretary made a wee mistake ? I would imagine this won't happen now If the paperwork has still to be signed. 

Don't tell him Pike! 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Either the rule`changed or Alzheimers is kicking in, I was 100% sure about it. The Highland League must have the same rule, I'll do a bit of digging. :ph34r:

Like you, I thought there was something in your date, but they must have changed it.

40 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

Like you, I thought there was something in your date, but they must have changed it.

Turns out I haven't totally lost the plot, the rule must have changed.

A statement released tonight from the SHFL stated Fort William did not have enough eligible players available to take part in the play-offs, scheduled to take place tomorrow and next weekend.

Competition rules state players are only eligible to play in the play-offs if they were registered before January 31.

https://www.ross-shirejournal.co.uk/sport/fort-william-relegated-from-highland-league-after-not-having-273063/

On 26/02/2024 at 13:11, To B or not B said:

One for EK fans. Obviously losing You GK for the season has been a blow, but do you think your current loanee GK will do the job going through the play-offs?

(IF we finish as LL Champions) I feel that our sporadic form makes us the least likely of the three to successfully navigate the (potentially 4) matches that dictate who'll appear in League 2 next season and I'd say it wont be down to the goalkeeper.

On 26/02/2024 at 11:58, welshbairn said:

P.S. Wrong again, just different rules for tier 5/6 play offs, in the North anyway, and the tier 4/5 ones.

The rules were changed after Cowden played Cove in the play off.

Cove had won the league by a mile and so in the lead up rested players and brought in trialists and others which Cowden couldn’t do due to SPFL deadline.

Following that, the rules were harmonised between LL, HL and SPFL2 

Edited by Brazilianlex
Error

On 25/02/2024 at 13:45, welshbairn said:

They couldn't use him in the play offs as Fort William found to their cost, SPFL/SFA rules apply.

Knowing Kennedy the guy will have a stag do booked for the play off finals.

On 25/02/2024 at 12:59, ekok said:

Correct,  the transfer window doesn't apply  below Tier4. Also just saying, like other teams injuries are a factor.  We have had a particularly unfortunate spate of lads needing operations,  resulting in missing long term. 

Funny enough the same happened at Darvel. Be interesting next season seeing how mick will cope with a transfer window. Time 2 be a real manager ur time playing championship manager with unlimited money is over 

Mon the papers