The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

• 2 weeks later...

MK talking about Bo'ness having nothing to play for like we're not in a 4 way battle for the league cup spot. Then again when you've only ever managed at places where you can make signings willy nilly and don't need to care about finances its no surprise hes ignorant of that fact

Credit to BU , looked as if they wanted it more. Worrying going forward,  we are absolutely too predictable and powder puff at times.We need to dispose of this idea we are Man City and can retain the ball whatever the situation.  They can just about pull that off, we are well short of that standard. 

Don't think BU had a player who was technically better than than the any of ours. Attitude and application,  result  2-0 , we need to learn.  

13 minutes ago, ekok said:

Don't think BU had a player who was technically better than any of ours. Attitude and application,  result  2-0 , we need to learn.  

EK have some really good players but today too many were not up for the battle.  In the Lowland League you get punished more often than not when that happens.

The reason the defence is a problem is that ever since the Club started in the Lowland League,  we have never ever had defensive midfield players able to protect the back 4/3. I have been at 99% of the games, I know what I have seen.

The idea we can just outplay teams is a fine conceit , when it works,  great, when like today it doesn't,  gubbed. 

We 100% need to add will to win , as well as pretty pretty football.  If we do we will be in L 2,  if not probably not.

1 hour ago, ekok said:

The reason the defence is a problem is that ever since the Club started in the Lowland League,  we have never ever had defensive midfield players able to protect the back 4/3. I have been at 99% of the games, I know what I have seen.

The idea we can just outplay teams is a fine conceit , when it works,  great, when like today it doesn't,  gubbed. 

We 100% need to add will to win , as well as pretty pretty football.  If we do we will be in L 2,  if not probably not.

I wouldn’t worry, each defeat usually results in another 3 or 4 signings 

The inconsistency is a real worry for the playoffs. Need to do it across four games and I don't have confidence that they can sustain that.

The club are all in for promotion this year, and failing to achieve that will really hit hard.

16 hours ago, ekok said:

There are no guarantees in football or set way of playing/formation/style of player that guarantees success. If there was, everybody would be doing it.

The reality is what Mick and Si are doing has consistently brought great results this season with blips like yesterday attracting negativity being a victim of their own success so far.

The playoffs won't be easy but EK have every chance. 

Agree, we were second best all round yesterday,  credit BU for that. Probably went a bit far with team selection,  too attack  minded for me. Made to pay the price, tho how we didn't score at least one, BU keeper made  couple of worldy saves tbf.

Lacked presence in midfield, needs shoring up to help protect  defence. Got some tough games even before worrying about Playoffs,  sure we will rise to the challenge. 

How is David Ferguson doing for you? I see he doesn't play every week, but started yesterday.

He was Berwick's standout player for 2 or 3 years and we'd have him back in a heartbeat. 

This is a question for EK fans (if there is any). I think if you beat Brechin you could easily beat the statistically 42nd team in Scotland whoever that may be. However there has been a lot of media talk about your “leaky defence”. So how do you feel about your promotion hopes?

19 hours ago, ekok said:

Not any more, the deadline for registration to be able to play in Playoffs was 1 March. Time to step up all around 

SPFL deadline for L1 and 2 is 1st March but sure it’s 31st March for LL and HL

Yes players signed before 31 March can see out league, but only players signed by 1 March can feature in Playoffs. Welcome to the zany World of registration in Scottish Football. 

Thankfully we have a Match Secretary who is 100% on the ball.

41 minutes ago, ekok said:

Yes players signed before 31 March can see out league, but only players signed by 1 March can feature in Playoffs. Welcome to the zany World of registration in Scottish Football. 

Thankfully we have a Match Secretary who is 100% on the ball.

Nothing zany about it - there always was a league signing deadline in Scottish senior football.  The play off rule was introduced more recently to make matters fairer as SPFL clubs had to operate with a transfer window