The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

5 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I promise I won’t mention it again after this, but your defence is an issue and could cost you in the playoffs.

One can only hope 🙏 

Much like the first game between the sides at K Park, Hearts high press and pace created problems for EK.  I've seen maybe half a dozen EK games this season and on each occasion they have struggled against sides that are prepared to work hard and have a bit of pace.

EK's experience and ability are obviously great assets, as they have proved when coming from behind in so many games, but tonight should send another warning to them that they can't take anything for granted in the play offs.

Hearts could have scored more from their quick breaks but sometimes took the wrong option. EK only had a 10-15 minute spell of ascendency shortly after they scored their 2nd goal but were denied by a couple of good saves from the Hearts keeper and saw another shot go narrowly wide.  Thereafter EK ran out of ideas and legs and Hearts got themselves a cushion with their 4th goal, again on a quick break, and were able to see out the rest of the game with some comfort.

Decent crowd on the night of around 300.

Edited by Footballfirst

29 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

I promise I won’t mention it again after this, but your defence is an issue and could cost you in the playoffs.

You don't need to highlight that to me mate, totally stinking.

The hearts forwards though were rapid. Maybe we should buy them 😉😂

7 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

You don't need to highlight that to me mate, totally stinking.

The hearts forwards though were rapid. Maybe we should buy them 😉😂

Biggest surprise of the night is the chicken man didn’t try and sign them at half time.

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

Biggest surprise of the night is the chicken man didn’t try and sign them at half time.

A rotten manager who has had success purely by outspending the opposition.  Even at amateur level.

To have spent the money he has done and still have a bang average defence takes a bit of doing.

Still got time to buy a couple more though, must be great in that dressing room wondering if you will be replaced after a bad performance.

Hopefully for the good of the league they do get up as their financial clout has bought the league.

If not then serious questions should be asked about the manager and his scattergun approach to signings.

2 hours ago, Marooneye said:

A rotten manager who has had success purely by outspending the opposition.  Even at amateur level.

To have spent the money he has done and still have a bang average defence takes a bit of doing.

Still got time to buy a couple more though, must be great in that dressing room wondering if you will be replaced after a bad performance.

Hopefully for the good of the league they do get up as their financial clout has bought the league.

If not then serious questions should be asked about the manager and his scattergun approach to signings.

Was he there ? Seems to be missing from match highlights and interviews but then again, he is naturally shy and introverted.

11 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

According to the rumour mill EK are about to make signing number 35(?) Of the season

Sean Fagen Albion Rovers captain

Simon Ferry wanted him at Broomhill last season and at EK in the summer

How would that work with the signing deadline long passed?

Albion release him so he’s a free agent and EK scoop him up?  Seems really wrong:

Correct,  the transfer window doesn't apply  below Tier4. Also just saying, like other teams injuries are a factor.  We have had a particularly unfortunate spate of lads needing operations,  resulting in missing long term. 

13 minutes ago, ekok said:

Correct,  the transfer window doesn't apply  below Tier4. Also just saying, like other teams injuries are a factor.  We have had a particularly unfortunate spate of lads needing operations,  resulting in missing long term. 

You still trying to crowd fund for the ops whilst signing 2 guys a week from levels above? 

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

How would that work with the signing deadline long passed?

Albion release him so he’s a free agent and EK scoop him up?  Seems really wrong:

They couldn't use him in the play offs as Fort William found to their cost, SPFL/SFA rules apply.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, To B or not B said:

Does that rule not apply after 31st March only??

Nope, the same deadline as in the SPFL, sometimes in January I think. 31st March only applies to Lowland League games.

Edited by welshbairn