The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

Lighten up CC, was just making a point that there are two deadline dates, think teams below Tier 4 are already playing against a stacked deck. Clearly this is not common knowledge,  just another banana skin to avoid. 

9 minutes ago, ekok said:

Lighten up CC, was just making a point that there are two deadline dates, think teams below Tier 4 are already playing against a stacked deck. Clearly this is not common knowledge,  just another banana skin to avoid. 

Spot on with this.

First up, hope the Broomhill lad that got a sore one is OK,  two  committed players making full on fair challenge. 

Pitch not great but under circumstances better than expected. 

Tactics,  effort and style spot on. Not a pitch to take chances on and mostly we didn't.  Good to see probably best use of channel balls and switch all season.  Still playing possession, but mixing it up to excellent effect. 

Still one more point to make sure, roll on Wednesday at Strollers. 

10 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I don't think they had a shot at goal after they equalised.

Broomhill were as poor a side as ive seen all season.

Didn't look interested 

Seemed to be a few regulars missing for Broomhill and then they lost a couple more during the game so maybe unfair to judge them on that one game.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Seemed to be a few regulars missing for Broomhill and then they lost a couple more during the game so maybe unfair to judge them on that one game.

That's fair, Broomhill were down to the bare bones and lost two players to injury during game, one early doors. I thought they stuck to their task, tho a couple did struggle. Their goal was a peach, worldy from 25 yards.

As already said thought we mixed up our play very well and  Broomhill stand in goalie did stop several more , we need to be more clinical. 

9 hours ago, Bankie77 said:

Your manager on twitter this morning getting the excuse book out in case yous get beat. what other manager would do that 

Stating facts about the injuries we have. 

Probably quite a few managers but don't let that get in the way of your hard on for him.

OK here's how it happened.  We have 6 registered Centre Backs. Three  injured,  two cup tied and one suspended. 

Stand in Dylan McDonald man of the match by a country mile,along with Lewis Spence best game for the team.

Last time here we were overwhelmed and frankly bullied. Not today. Stood up and were counted.

Silly sending off for John Robertson,  the epitome of genius and quite frankly stupidity. 

As a squad I think today set an absolute marker,  This group means business and has everything needed to get to L2.

Today we grew up.

3 hours ago, ekok said:

Silly sending off for John Robertson,  the epitome of genius and quite frankly stupidity. 

You'll get that with Robbo. When he played with City I liked the fact he put himself about but there was a bit of combustibility as well. 

4 hours ago, ekok said:

OK here's how it happened.  We have 6 registered Centre Backs. Three  injured,  two cup tied and one suspended. 

Stand in Dylan McDonald man of the match by a country mile,along with Lewis Spence best game for the team.

Last time here we were overwhelmed and frankly bullied. Not today. Stood up and were counted.

As a squad I think today set an absolute marker,  This group means business and has everything needed to get to L2.

Today we grew up.

only 6 centre backs? The hardship! Poor EK! 

36 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

You're completely missing the point. 

6 registered doesn't mean 6 available. 

Our injury list this season has been awful. 

10 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Most teams probably have a few less I grant you. My point was today marked a seismic change in self belief. All very well having great players,  having a great team is another thing entirely. 

We went back to the place of our abject failure earlier in season, with far from a full squad and faced up to the challenge. Tranent are a very good team, difficult place to get a result. 

All very well having more than our share of good or better players, today was the day this team showed real  character and a will to win. We made all the hard yards, closed down the spaces, made the tackles,won almost every header and second ball, never took a backward step. 

Still many challenges to face, truly believe today marked the day this team came of age and will deliver. 

52 minutes ago, ekok said:

Most teams probably have a few less I grant you. My point was today marked a seismic change in self belief. All very well having great players,  having a great team is another thing entirely. 

We went back to the place of our abject failure earlier in season, with far from a full squad and faced up to the challenge. Tranent are a very good team, difficult place to get a result. 

All very well having more than our share of good or better players, today was the day this team showed real  character and a will to win. We made all the hard yards, closed down the spaces, made the tackles,won almost every header and second ball, never took a backward step. 

Still many challenges to face, truly believe today marked the day this team came of age and will deliver. 

Good luck to EK Dodgy.

Hopefully you win the two playoffs and either Clyde or Stranraer drop into the Lowland League.