The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

12 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

I hope your tongue was planted firmly in your cheek there old pal.😁

A tad...

Your turnover is actually the difference which has been eyewatering! 

I hope you come up though after years of close calls.

MK is ok when you speak to him.

His persona during games might be completely different, but he is desperate to take EK up and chucking some of his own money at it as well, which must be fairly unusual. Normally it isn't the manager's own cash, it's someone else's.

For me, EK look nailed on to go up this season, but they do have the odd ropey game and you can't afford to do that in a nervy play-off. Clyde are mince (assuming they do stay bottom) and I think the Highland League teams still aren't good enough.

As for MK as a manager. I don't think he is particularly great. Without the far bigger budget, Darvel and EK wouldn't have dominated.

As for the calibre of player and the cost to recruit them, if in League 2. EK are already spending like a League 2 team, so the player costs will only increase if they try to buy their way out of League 2.

I hope they go up and hopefully it is then more evenly matched in the Lowland League next season. My worry for EK is what happens when the money runs out (or isn't enough to dominate) or the money men lose interest. They still don't have many fans and of course the ground situation needs addressing. Good luck to them (just let us win today though).

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

MK is ok when you speak to him.

His persona during games might be completely different, but he is desperate to take EK up and chucking some of his own money at it as well, which must be fairly unusual. Normally it isn't the manager's own cash, it's someone else's.

For me, EK look nailed on to go up this season, but they do have the odd ropey game and you can't afford to do that in a nervy play-off. Clyde are mince (assuming they do stay bottom) and I think the Highland League teams still aren't good enough.

As for MK as a manager. I don't think he is particularly great. Without the far bigger budget, Darvel and EK wouldn't have dominated.

As for the calibre of player and the cost to recruit them, if in League 2. EK are already spending like a League 2 team, so the player costs will only increase if they try to buy their way out of League 2.

I hope they go up and hopefully it is then more evenly matched in the Lowland League next season. My worry for EK is what happens when the money runs out (or isn't enough to dominate) or the money men lose interest. They still don't have many fans and of course the ground situation needs addressing. Good luck to them (just let us win today though).

The money men have been there long term so no reason to think they would pull out if Kilby went up.

The play off games are just a total lottery at times as witnessed by big spending Cove losing to us.

I would say Kilby are spending like an L1 side signing guys like Tiwi and John Robertson.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The money men have been there long term so no reason to think they would pull out if Kilby went up.

The play off games are just a total lottery at times as witnessed by big spending Cove losing to us.

I would say Kilby are spending like an L1 side signing guys like Tiwi and John Robertson.

Yeah. It must be about 9 attempts splashing the cash trying to get up. You wonder how much longer they can sustain it.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

How are EK getting on with their Bronze level licence ?

The biggest issue for teams at this level is the provision of a doctor for home games, which I am sure EK will be able to resolve. 

On 02/02/2024 at 22:59, johnmc80 said:

kpark is perfectly fine for the level ek are playing at just now. That wont change until/if they ever gain promotion.

At what point does that change, if the club were in league 2 that ground is almost too small.

31 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

At what point does that change, if the club were in league 2 that ground is almost too small.

I think they have enough, if not more, than required at the moment, certainly on a par with Edinburgh City.

On 04/02/2024 at 12:14, cowdenbeath said:

I heard K Park is bronze level imagine they will sort the other things out.

According to the latest PDF on the SFA website, EK are already rated at bronze for their ground:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11303/230124-club-licensing-awards.pdf

as are Cowdenbeath, Cumbernauld Colts and Linlithgow Rose. In the Highland League, only Brechin City have been rated at bronze level for their ground. All these clubs other than Cumbernauld still have some work to do on the admin side to be ready for SPFL membership, which may be nothing more than issues like the club doctor angle in some cases that clubs prefer not to do unless they have to but almost certainly could if they did.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

According to the latest PDF on the SFA website, EK are already rated at bronze for their ground:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/11303/230124-club-licensing-awards.pdf

as are Cowdenbeath, Cumbernauld Colts and Linlithgow Rose. In the Highland League, only Brechin City have been rated at bronze level for their ground. All these clubs other than Cumbernauld still have some work to do on the admin side to be ready for SPFL membership, which may be nothing more than issues like the club doctor angle in some cases that clubs prefer not to do unless they have to but almost certainly could if they did.

Club doctor will be the main thing you have to have one at every game SPFL clubs get around that by using the home team one obviously can't do that in the LL apart from at Colts.

Shire must have a bronze ground same with Broomhill and Stirling Uni?

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Shire must have a bronze ground same with Broomhill and Stirling Uni?

Depends on what the arrangements are like. Similarly, Spartans are Bronze on Ground but Hutchison Vale are Entry. Pretty sure there's been a time when a non-league team had the higher grading over the SPFL team sharing. Either Cumbernauld Colts/Clyde or Spartans/Edinburgh City.

• 2 weeks later...

2-0 down at half time against Tranent, maybe it's not quite all over at the top of the league...

Kennedy off to the sin bin as well for arguing with the ref after the first goal.

Edited by Hauzen

26 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

2-0 down at half time against Tranent, maybe it's not quite all over at the top of the league...

Kennedy off to the sin bin as well for arguing with the ref after the first goal.

The most insecure man in Scottish football doesn't like it when not going his way.

Only way to react to this setback is GET MARE PLAYERS IN!