The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

21 minutes ago, Neilly said:

The guys at EK could buy and sell Mick but couldn't muster the cash to help Johnny Lyon in his recovery.

Sound like a decent bunch. 

I’ve allready called that out for the shambles it was.

19 hours ago, Connor7 said:

It’s all becoming a bit silly now with EK. How many players have featured for them this season? Compared to other teams in the league. 

Is MK struggling to keep a happy squad? I have no doubt that he wins this league. As he should with the huge financial advantage he has of the other teams. 

But over a 2 leg play off with the HL champions and then club 42. It’s not guaranteed they get through that. 

He got found out by Tranent over two legs with Darvel. Would not bet against it happening here

14 hours ago, Bankie77 said:

How you meant to build team spirit with constant changing of players. Feel for the boys that will be shafted by this. 

From what i gather its not Mick Kennedy who struggles in the dressing room but more his assistant seems to be quite hard to work for. 

For the EK fans who think this is great, take a look at the Darvel thread on the WoSFL section. A salutary tale as they are currently circling the drain it seems.

Almost like there is a MO emerging.

Edited by jimbaxters

Bit of a long post but I feel the need to put fact to some of the things that has been brought up as a lot of people are getting the Darvel Story and EK story and mashing them together. Most things I wouldn’t defend though.

I’m in on way defending the signing policy at EK. Both the amount and calibre of the players brought in is staggering. EK however do not need Mick Kennedy’s money. They were still spending before this and have a huge backing financially already. They will have been consistently one of the top budget sides in recent seasons. As we know it doesn’t always guarantee success though so that’s why this season is happening. 

This season they have ramp led it up after previous failures and they have heavily backed Mick to get them up. Like him or loathe him Mick knows how to spend money and spend big in a smaller league. Colville Park and Darvel both big fish in a wee pond when they did what they did financially and now EK is the same. The play off game was a shambles and personally I’m not convinced with him as a manager yet but as I say he is used to money. He also talks a good game convincing many people of what he can do. Darvel thought he was the messiah as do many on social media. Again not saying I’m convinced but many are. For all we ripped the pish on here for his Aberdeen speech it worked and plenty of people loved it. 

EK clearly see value in him and whether folk want to see it or not it’s not just cause he has a bit of money but he could be offering a contribution who knows. Facts still remain EK don’t need it. Other clubs did.

Last thing was a post regarding Ferry. Not going to ever talk about anyone else’s experience and I don’t know how it went at Broomhill but he is a good coach and I would happily have people working under him from my experiences. 

20 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Yet another ridiculous signing. If EK dont go up at this stage you've got to question the fairness of next campaign considering the amount theyve spent this year. I doesnt just disadvantage the rest of the LL, their resources far outstrip any HL team and whoever Team 42 turn out to be. For all of MK's chat of sporting integrity recently re: the B teams, it really is shocking how EK have conducted this campaign.

Just catching up on this thread, & being somebody that watches most of their football in the HL, (along with a few LL games each season), I just wanted to pick up on this perspective, as not sure that it would be correct. There is certainly some pretty large financial disparity between the haves & have-nots within the HL, & accordingly there's definitely a few clubs that are well placed commercially, such as Brechin, Buckie, Fraserburgh, Banks O'Dee & Formartine, & the likes of Brora & Inverurie Locos have also been in that  category, although perhaps not quite so strong of late. Bear in mind also that Buckie are going to bank c.£250k from their trip to Parkhead this weekend. There's perhaps actually one or two more 'well-resourced' clubs in the HL than there are in the LL, & I'd suspect that whoever ends up top of the HL pile will be very competitive opponents for EK. One thing is for sure, that if Buckie don't end up getting to L2 this season, then they'll certainly have no excuse next!

4 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Robertson, Thomson and Daramola are ridiculous signings for a tier 5 club. You know what? Fair play to them. 

It's quite literally the opposite of that. 

17 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Your getting a bit triggered, fingers must be sore with all the posts you are putting up.

I’m no triggered you fecking moron. Not triggered at all. Stop saying i’m triggered. Im fine. Just fine. (Not triggered in any way)

25 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

I’m no triggered you fecking moron. Not triggered at all. Stop saying i’m triggered. Im fine. Just fine. (Not triggered in any way)

9 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Apologies, I see now that I was mistaken.

Nice one chaps love it. 🤣

As a fan of an HL club (Vale),and of Highland League football in general, going up there to see games thru the season,hav to say that although Buckie/Brechin are good sides that would give the "rest" of the LL a run for there money.

I cannot see them taking EK down.

Club 42 however is a different proposition for EK...............

Edited by Dav nan Gael

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

*shrugs*

We'll see eventually, i guess, but youre acting almost exactly like Kelty Hearts fan were when their spending was questioned. They also claimed the entire backroom structure meant the money would never stop.

Then the entire thing jumped ship to Raith and theyre selling players to you.

The issue is theres f**k all money at the level youre chucking money at reaching. Those putting money into you know fine well it can never be recouped through club achievements so its all about boosting their CV to get involved at a bigger club.

We threw money about, but at least had a settled plan & squad. It's done us well too - we are establishing ourselves at L1 level after investment in the ground & community club from the previous owner. The reference to us here vs EK is poor.

Tiwi was on the bench, we've made some dosh. Good deal for us.

16 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Yous will be down here soon. Maybe we can discuss it then if we are still here. Will yous have a home by then??? You can share our 5s cage if you want? At a price of course. 

Oh and integrity and clyde dont mix well pal. Just saying.

If we are down there it will be on sporting merit and we can’t have any complaint.

If you end up in the SPFL it’s because you’ve splaffed ludicrous amounts of cash to see off some students, postmen and old firm kids you seem to love so much.

Whilst your manager loves to sound off against the b-teams you voted them to stay in. Whilst he loves to talk of sporting integrity, he’s buying the league. Whilst you throw mental money at players from tiers above you are grovelling for cash for an injured boys op.

20 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

If we are down there it will be on sporting merit and we can’t have any complaint.

If you end up in the SPFL it’s because you’ve splaffed ludicrous amounts of cash to see off some students, postmen and old firm kids you seem to love so much.

Whilst your manager loves to sound off against the b-teams you voted them to stay in. Whilst he loves to talk of sporting integrity, he’s buying the league. Whilst you throw mental money at players from tiers above you are grovelling for cash for an injured boys op.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
now thats triggered @Brazilianlex

11 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Robertson, Thomson and Daramola are ridiculous signings for a tier 5 club. You know what? Fair play to them. None of us would be crying unfair playing field/money bags etc. if our club were in their position. They are obviously flinging the kitchen sink at going up this year. Time will tell if the scattergun approach of recruitment and outgoings pays any real dividend in the long run. I think it's quite obvious that clubs that chase that 'dream' so intently eventually hit a ceiling where the only way is down. As many have said, that may come slightly quicker once Kennedy is out the picture. I genuinely think them getting up and out of the Lowland as soon as possible is best for everyone at this stage (though MK has previous of bottling a promotion decider as massive favourites...)

Can I ask?,  excuse my ignorance if its something I've missed.  I've been to a few Tranent games over the years including the playoff win against Darvel and been to some EK games in the past couple of years and I've actually enjoyed the experience of watching both but unsure why, regarding your comment that I've put in bold, why it is the best for everyone?  I think Ek this year have been superb in the league, they are favorites and play good football and also spending the cash and as players, I'd say every player would love to play against EK who are fielding a strong squad so they can play against the best and beat the best in their league, which i suppose in this case its EK

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Spelling