The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Thats pretty poor. 

Licensing criteria isn’t really working if that’s all they can offer away fans. 

Stranraer are one of the poorest supported teams in the league yet easily take a crowd of 125 or more when playing in the central belt. 

Should East Kilbride go up there will be quite a few teams with the same issue. 

I understand this is an issue for the likes of Old Firm getting away tickets but should never be an issue at this level. 

If EK make it up, I would expect every home game to be all ticket. I believe the official capacity is 660. Although I agree with Possil YM. They could get more in than that. Ironically, they don't usually let fans into the terrace behind one goal. They only let us in during a league game after it got too crowded in the area to the left of the small stand and fans in the stand complained about having their view blocked.

I think the crowd was 548 when we played them in the first leg of the play off in 2017 and nearly 1,700 for the game at Central Park.

8 hours ago, PELE said:

If EK make it up, I would expect every home game to be all ticket. I believe the official capacity is 660. Although I agree with Possil YM. They could get more in than that. Ironically, they don't usually let fans into the terrace behind one goal. They only let us in during a league game after it got too crowded in the area to the left of the small stand and fans in the stand complained about having their view blocked.

I think the crowd was 548 when we played them in the first leg of the play off in 2017 and nearly 1,700 for the game at Central Park.

The terrace was open vs Rangers B when I attended last season & boosted the crowd / atmosphere considerably. Would be daft to have it closed if they get up.

4 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

IMG-20240507-WA0000.jpg

Are you expecting the SFA/SPFL to apply its rules equally and unconditionally to all clubs?  I guess there's a first time for everything.

On 05/05/2024 at 19:49, Burnieman said:

I was more thinking East Fife, Dumbarton, Stirling, Airdrie etc but you're right.

If you’re punting teams out the league based on grounds then Forthbank would be one of the last to fall. Four sides with a mixture of terracing and seats, the perfect size for a club like the Binos. Easy to create a good atmosphere. Close enough to facilities and the city. Plenty of parking, and absolutely stunning views when the game is rubbish.

Watching Uni games there like you’ll be used to is probably a bit miserable, granted. But it is exactly what I wish The Rock was like.

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

If you’re punting teams out the league based on grounds then Forthbank would be one of the last to fall. Four sides with a mixture of terracing and seats, the perfect size for a club like the Binos. Easy to create a good atmosphere. Close enough to facilities and the city. Plenty of parking, and absolutely stunning views when the game is rubbish.

Watching Uni games there like you’ll be used to is probably a bit miserable, granted. But it is exactly what I wish The Rock was like.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair on Forthbank.  It looks a proper stadium but in reality it's soulless most of the time and yes I've been there for both Binos and Uni games, and there's more atmosphere on the moon.  It only comes alive when it's reasonably full with the terracing open.

Forthbank is a cracking little ground and would be one of my first choices as a blueprint to follow if we ever get our own place again. Not really noticed a massive lack of atmosphere any time I've been to watch Clyde there either, certainly not compared to plenty of other lower league grounds.

On 05/05/2024 at 18:05, To B or not B said:

Is that a new criteria in the SPFL, if you have a history and come from a historic town you can’t be relegated?

No, the new criteria is the town must have <150 roundabouts.

Get them nuked and maybe next year we'll be happier you're joining us.

Just announced on X:

TICKET INFO | This Saturday's match will be ticket only and will be available from 5pm until 9pm tomorrow exclusively at

K Park. Please note that this is for both General Sale & for Season Ticket holders.  Ticket prices are £12 for adults, £8 for concessions & £5 for U16s.

1 hour ago, roy of the rovers said:

Just announced on X:

TICKET INFO | This Saturday's match will be ticket only and will be available from 5pm until 9pm tomorrow exclusively at

K Park. Please note that this is for both General Sale & for Season Ticket holders.  Ticket prices are £12 for adults, £8 for concessions & £5 for U16s.

Any overseas live stream for this game

8 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

IMG-20240507-WA0000.jpg

Statement from City.

CLUB STATEMENT

Edinburgh City FC, like a number of other SPFL clubs, is currently engaging with the Scottish FA to achieve the Bronze licensing standard.

This process is ongoing at this time and the club is confident that the SFA licensing board will grant the required license after next week’s board meeting.

I see Stranraer have been offered 150 tickets. Have EK any intention or means of increasing their capacity should they win the play offs? 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I see Stranraer have been offered 150 tickets. Have EK any intention or means of increasing their capacity should they win the play offs? 

A new 4000 seater stadium. I thought that was common knowledge 

7 minutes ago, roy of the rovers said:

Having that by July would quite a feat!

It's fine, apparently Mick Kennedy is pumping millions into the club each week so his money will pay all the right people to make sure it's built by then...

13 minutes ago, Hauzen said:

It's fine, apparently Mick Kennedy is pumping millions into the club each week so his money will pay all the right people to make sure it's built by then...

I thought the Black Rooster Arena was a secret?? 

Just in case anyone thought this was sold out in a flash, as of an hour ago there were still 50 tickets left for tomorrow if anyone fancies it. Can only buy at the ground though from 1pm.

On 08/05/2024 at 12:22, To B or not B said:

I thought the Black Rooster Arena was a secret?? 

Excuse me the correct name is the Peri-Peri Palace