The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

2 hours ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

A concession? A working pyramid, as far as I've come across, is a requisite of being a member of UEFA. If I'm correct in that, there was no concession more like forced kicking and screaming.

And those wishing to play European football must be open to all ie wummins fitba.

On 18/05/2024 at 00:31, PossilYM said:

Cowdenbeath that just happen to wear blue strips. lol

Donald Finlay lol

Arlene Foster when as First Minister of Northern Ireland leading the Orange Walk through Cowdenbeath.

Rewind and start with the weirdness of Cowdenbeath then tell us about Glasgow.

Cowden wore blue tops long before Donald arrived on this earth.

Like a lot of towns in Central Scotland we get orange walks and people who wear Rangers tops and go to their games, we also have folk who support Celtic doing likewise even had a Republican walk once.

Add onto that Hibs and Hearts fans, even Dunfermline ones.

Quite a diverse town really.

38 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Cowden wore blue tops long before Donald arrived on this earth.

Like a lot of towns in Central Scotland we get orange walks and people who wear Rangers tops and go to their games, we also have folk who support Celtic doing likewise even had a Republican walk once.

Add onto that Hibs and Hearts fans, even Dunfermline ones.

Quite a diverse town really.

I’d just ignore that poster, a troubled man.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Can Flanagan still do a job in L1? Some chat we are sniffing around him for Kelty.

Hopefully not neeb think we will need a slightly better calibre of player if we are to survive in league 1 this season as going to be really tough , just my opinion but thinking LL / L2 is his level 

12 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So what?  There was no relegation and then the SPFL effectively gave a concession by agreeing to a play off.  The situation elsewhere in the SPFL has no direct relevance.  

There was no concession. UEFA told the SFA they had to have a pyramid structure and this was the only option the SPFL agreed to. Let's not make it out to be the SPFL doing something for the benefit of the LL & HL, if they hadn't been forced nothing would have changed.

30 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There was no concession. UEFA told the SFA they had to have a pyramid structure and this was the only option the SPFL agreed to. Let's not make it out to be the SPFL doing something for the benefit of the LL & HL, if they hadn't been forced nothing would have changed.

Seems like a made up fact. Stewart Regan at SFA pushed it through and he never once suggested there was any UEFA compulsion behind it - you’d think he might have highlighted that if it was the case.  Spfl clubs weren’t advised there was any uefa requirement when they agreed the pyramid arrangement - maybe though you can show me a link from back in the day where this was highlighted?

Pretty amusing reading EK fans complain about the injustice of the pyramid when they've just watched their side buy the title. 

FWIW I generally believe the top side should be promoted/bottom team relegated. But I make an exception in regards to Team 42. Why should they be subjected to a glorified development league? The LL is a farce and I think it's quite right Team 42 get the chance to avoid the cesspit. 

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Pretty amusing reading EK fans complain about the injustice of the pyramid when they've just watched their side buy the title. 

FWIW I generally believe the top side should be promoted/bottom team relegated. But I make an exception in regards to Team 42. Why should they be subjected to a glorified development league? The LL is a farce and I think it's quite right Team 42 get the chance to avoid the cesspit. 

The SPFL is a farce too ma man,they're both in it for themselves.........

3 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The SPFL is a farce too ma man,they're both in it for themselves.........

Aye but they haven't lowered themselves to allowing B teams in. Yet...

3 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Can Flanagan still do a job in L1? Some chat we are sniffing around him for Kelty.

Typical winger for us, great on his day but don’t expect it every week, and that was in L2. 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Hopefully not neeb think we will need a slightly better calibre of player if we are to survive in league 1 this season as going to be really tough , just my opinion but thinking LL / L2 is his level 

Think he'd be a decent squad player and we need the depth. He's been fit & playing weekly & if a relatively cheap wage I'd take him.

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't tell if this is a comment from 2014 / 2019 / 2024

giphy.gif