The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

That would be very nice for Bonnyrigg.

I don't think anyone's saying Stranraer shouldn't be relegated, just that they'd rather share a league with Stranraer than East Kilbride.

No need to worry about Bonnyrigg 😄

The overall point is that if you finish in last place in the SPFL you deserve to go down, regardless of history, ground etc. I get that SPFL fans have preferred away days etc, but unfortunately for them I  think we may see more scenarios like this in the future.

32 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

No need to worry about Bonnyrigg 😄

The overall point is that if you finish in last place in the SPFL you deserve to go down, regardless of history, ground etc. I get that SPFL fans have preferred away days etc, but unfortunately for them I  think we may see more scenarios like this in the future.

Aye, we're all agreed on that. My main point is East Kilbride fans don't seem to understand why SPFL fans would rather someone else than them in the league, when everyone was happy enough to see Bonnyrigg go up (though they're all bleating about your stadium now).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Do you really not understand why people wouldn't want a club in their league from a soulless town, playing in a soulless stadium, forty-five minutes walk from a train station and miles from any pubs, instead of one they've built up over a century of history playing against in the centre of a historic town?

No, it must be jealousy.

There's soulless towns, with soulless stadiums, that are hardly next door to town centre conveniences, throughout the SPFL. 

It's great to see all these L2 diddies clearly rattled about what's headed their way, and that's without the big WoS clubs in the running, that will be coming very soon.  

The closed shop is gone for good.

Edited by Burnieman

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

There's soulless towns, with soulless stadiums, that are hardly next door to town centre conveniences, throughout the SPFL. 

Aye, and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Cove or Livingston either. 

1 hour ago, amigan said:

In 20 years time the SPFL will be fully central belt clubs with a few outliers.  Clubs like Stranraer and Berwick won't exist

Why would we not exist? We've survived as a Lowland League team since coming down in 2019. might not be a SPFL team but we will certainly survive.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye, and I wouldn't mind seeing the back of Cove or Livingston either. 

I was more thinking East Fife, Dumbarton, Stirling, Airdrie etc but you're right.

Edited by Burnieman

Not been to East Fife, though the new rail link makes it more appealing. Dumbarton's a shite stadium but simple enough to get to. Stirling is a bit of a walk, but the town itself is great and the stadium is alright with lovely views. Airdrie has no redeeming features.

32 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Not been to East Fife, though the new rail link makes it more appealing. Dumbarton's a shite stadium but simple enough to get to. Stirling is a bit of a walk, but the town itself is great and the stadium is alright with lovely views. Airdrie has no redeeming features.

I want to get ripped into you diego. But  i have a soft spot for the jags so i shall refrain!

52 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Hopefully bye bye to another gang of absolute jobbers,who hav been stinking out the SPFL for too long............

Can I point out the irony of a supporter of a club who have had, 2 administrations i believe in their short history, talking in these terms about one of the oldest clubs in the country who have never had such an event to my knowledge….

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

Can I point out the irony of a supporter of a club who have had, 2 administrations i believe in their short history, talking in these terms about one of the oldest clubs in the country who have never had such an event to my knowledge….

And.........well aware of the shitfest of owners we've had.

But on the park we've done the business,no question 

There's been too many for too long stinking out the bottom of the spfl and getting away with it.

If we were ever in that position, then yeah down we go,where we deserve to be.

12 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

And.........well aware of the shitfest of owners we've had.

But on the park we've done the business,no question 

There's been too many for too long stinking out the bottom of the spfl and getting away with it.

If we were ever in that position, then yeah down we go,where we deserve to be.

And in the process of needing to enter administration twice your team were presumably spending money (and therefore gaining an unfair advantage) you didn’t actually have over a sustained period.

Livingston’s true position based on the fan base is probably between the championship and league 1, although if you are spending someone else’s money as usual then you may remain higher up than that.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

And in the process of needing to enter administration twice your team were presumably spending money (and therefore gaining an unfair advantage) you didn’t actually have over a sustained period.

Livingston’s true position based on the fan base is probably between the championship and league 1, although if you are spending someone else’s money as usual then you may remain higher up than that.

As I said due to utter fuckwits who gained control of the club.

Not all of the achievements or honours were gained in the "money" years.....

Loving now how pants are getting pulled down left,right and centre.

Rooting for EK to knock down another.

Watched them at Lithgae and Bo'ness this season,as i stay in western West Lothian,not too far from both towns. 

Both games played out in front of a partisan home crowd and it didn't fluster EK one bit.

Edited by Dav nan Gael

5 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

As I said due to utter fuckwits who gained control of the club.

Not all of the achievements or honours were gained in the "money" years.....

Loving now how pants are getting pulled down left,right and centre.

Rooting for EK to knock down another.

Watched them at Lithgae and Bo'ness this season,as i stay in western West Lothian,not too far from both towns. 

Both games played out in front of a partisan home crowd and it didn't fluster EK one bit.

I feel that East Kilbride will be too strong Stranraer over two games, a one off might have suited Stranraer better.  It feels like it’s EK’s time, though it seems their owners have limitless funds so if they don’t get up, they will go again (which is why I hope they win, nothing against Stranraer at all).

11 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Hopefully bye bye to another gang of absolute jobbers,who hav been stinking out the SPFL for too long............

Since four divisions were introduced 30 years ago Stranraer have only spent 9 seasons in the bottom tier. They've had three in the second tier and have won the Challenge Cup in that time.  Hardly 'stinking out'.

1 hour ago, Davy the Dug said:

Take it there’s zero chance for a neutral to get a ticket for next Saturday?

My best wishes go to Stranraer, would rather see them stay up than this mob.

No need for a ticket just turn up and tell the boy on the players gate you're an EK player.

There's so many the club cannot keep track of them.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Since four divisions were introduced 30 years ago Stranraer have only spent 9 seasons in the bottom tier. They've had three in the second tier and have won the Challenge Cup in that time.  Hardly 'stinking out'.

Off all the clubs relegated only the Shire were a long term tier 4 side.

2 hours ago, Davy the Dug said:

Take it there’s zero chance for a neutral to get a ticket for next Saturday?

My best wishes go to Stranraer, would rather see them stay up than this mob.

If you are anywhere near EK, the tickets are on general sale from the ground tomorrow.