The East Kilbride FC Thread

The_Judge

23 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Just in case anyone thought this was sold out in a flash, as of an hour ago there were still 50 tickets left for tomorrow if anyone fancies it. Can only buy at the ground though from 1pm.

Pfft.  "Fewer than".

Truesdale and Brown back in the squad? Thought they were away or loaned out. Apparently EKs treatment of Brown has been appalling and I'm not surprised. 

1 hour ago, Thesoccerguy said:

Surely ek can’t be happy with that result , giving it was at home , Stranraer huge favourites now and all hard work could be for nothing from MK AGAIN

Stranraer now huge favourites? Don’t think so, marginal favourites perhaps but not even sure that’s justified.

From the highlights I saw from yesterday, EK created a massive amount of chances, another day it could have been different. I also believe they have one of their best players back from suspension.

27 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Stranraer now huge favourites? Don’t think so, marginal favourites perhaps but not even sure that’s justified.

From the highlights I saw from yesterday, EK created a massive amount of chances, another day it could have been different. I also believe they have one of their best players back from suspension.

I felt EK were slight favourites going into the tie but the draw yesterday swings it back to Stranraer for me. Stranraer's home record is fairly decent this season but they've been rancid away from home. Agree that there's still not much in it.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

I felt EK were slight favourites going into the tie but the draw yesterday swings it back to Stranraer for me. Stranraer's home record is fairly decent this season but they've been rancid away from home. Agree that there's still not much in it.

Good point, Stranraer had the fifth-best home record in League Two:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 16.54.40.png

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

10 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Good point, Stranraer had the fifth-best home record in League Two:

Screenshot 2024-05-12 at 16.54.40.png

Had a quick look at odds checker and Stranraer are favourites (90 minute betting) which is what you would expect, around 5/4 Stranraer, 7/4 EK and 5/2 the draw.

Any time that both teams are odd against then you know it’s far from clear cut in the bookies eyes.

Would not be surprised to see this being decided by penalties. EK missed an opportunity yesterday, will be difficult going to Stranraer and getting a result with so much at stake. 

Personally i think ek have blown it.

The chances missed on Saturday could have seen us win the whole tie in the first half.

Stranraer took their 2 chances.

Ek defence at times...no words 

49 minutes ago, Oystercatcher said:

The chances missed on Saturday could have seen us win the whole tie in the first half.

The return tie has all the makings of yet another EK penalty shootout heartache.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

Defence was always going to be the concern, and unfortunately proved to be the case again. I actually think EK are better away from home and are capable of scoring goals, so all is not lost.

1 hour ago, Oystercatcher said:

You have stated that all season so an obvious worry and a chance for Stranraer to breach it. 

As long as you've got goals in yer team which you have youre most certainly still in it. 

Still all to play for Saturday.