18-20 Year Olds and Football.....

Parkgatequeens

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Anecodtal stories about anything really are the worst.

I spoke to ten people today and none of them liked cheese.... Does this mean the country is falling out of love with cheese??

It means you should probably wash your feet.

I did 14 interviews at the local Job Centre today, all of them male and all aged between 18 and 20. Of course I asked them all what team they supported, not one of them had any interest in any club and only 3 of them had any interest in playing the game. This made me really sad, is this the way is nowadays?

Would be even worse if they said they supported man city, Chelsea etc.

21 hours ago, Parkgatequeens said:

I did 14 interviews at the local Job Centre today, all of them male and all aged between 18 and 20. Of course I asked them all what team they supported, not one of them had any interest in any club and only 3 of them had any interest in playing the game. This made me really sad, is this the way is nowadays?

I'd say about half the apprentices at my work follow football, and most that do follow the English Premiership. It's a sorry state of affairs.

9 hours ago, Parkgatequeens said:

I'm in the heart of England and expected a few Villa, Albion or Blues fans amongst them. Didn't ask any of them if they liked cheese!

I'd like to know why you thought that was an appropriate question for an interview? I could just about understand asking about how someone spends their free time. I wondered if women were asked the same questions. On the face of it, you could be on thin ice.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd like to know why you thought that was an appropriate question for an interview? I could just about understand asking about how someone spends their free time. I wondered if women were asked the same questions. On the face of it, you could be on thin ice.

He interviews the women in a different office

A6nmz.jpg?fb

I had the Job Centre have each applicant fill out a 4 page application. I go over it all with each one bit by bit. I need to see how they react under a more relaxed situation and it just happens to be a question I like to ask males. For some reason there were no females throughout the interviews. One strange thing is that 3 of them wrote they liked fishing.......Ho hum!

13 hours ago, Parkgatequeens said:

I had the Job Centre have each applicant fill out a 4 page application. I go over it all with each one bit by bit. I need to see how they react under a more relaxed situation and it just happens to be a question I like to ask males. For some reason there were no females throughout the interviews. One strange thing is that 3 of them wrote they liked fishing.......Ho hum!

In my experience, fishing involves sitting around outside for long periods with little to keep you occupied other than a decent book or copious amounts of lager. I'm surprised that so few unemployed folk have an interest.....

Archived