Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

I'm doing pretty well with Accies: I've had 8th and 7th placed finishes, and I'm currently sitting in 6th and not too far from Europe half-way through my 3rd season. What's surprised me is that I haven't been offered a new contract despite it running out in the summer. Unless I get Europe, I wouldn't renew it anyway, but it's strange that it's not even been considered.

I'm doing pretty well with Accies: I've had 8th and 7th placed finishes, and I'm currently sitting in 6th and not too far from Europe half-way through my 3rd season. What's surprised me is that I haven't been offered a new contract despite it running out in the summer. Unless I get Europe, I wouldn't renew it anyway, but it's strange that it's not even been considered.

Unless I'm doing exceptionally well I usually don't get offered anything until April.

How's Devlin turned out for you? I always forget about him then by 2020 he's a Scotland regular and in the English Championship

Unless I'm doing exceptionally well I usually don't get offered anything until April.

How's Devlin turned out for you? I always forget about him then by 2020 he's a Scotland regular and in the English Championship

First season he was out on loan, second he was pretty solid and third he's been great (as well as banging in a few goals). However I stupidly didn't notice he had a £425K buy-out clause in his contract. He wanted to leave by the time I noticed and couldn't change his contract, and Sunderland just bought him. Don't really plan on reinvesting, as we've got decent replacements, but him and Paul Hanlon formed a great partnership.

Downloaded that rejigged with extra money Scottish system. Ludicrously enjoyable. At the start of my 4th season with Partick Thistle and Celtic are in the CL, Thistle, Rangers and Aberdeen are in EL group stages. My wage bill is modest (£120,000 a week) compared to others. The top players at every other SPL club are on £25,000 a week and most of them are just current SPL dross!

Got sacked in my second season with Airdrie in January after losing in the playoff final and going part time. My target was to make the playoffs and I was 5pts behind them in January and got sacked. Got offered the Livingston job, who are also part time and had like 16 first team players in the squad. Think they were 8th when I took over and I finished 5th - 4pts outside the playoffs. Now getting the chance to build my own team in pre season. Signed Michael Ngoo, Willis Alves Furtado and Scott Ferguson from my former Airdrie side. Also signed Lennard Sowah from Hamilton. 

Decided to refuse to renew my contract with Accies to go to Middlesbrough who'd just been relegated from the Premier League. Pretty much anyone who has a bid rejected from another club goes in a strop, and I've had to rebuild a lot of the team. Definitely going to be an interesting challenge.

Restarted a Saints save thanks to deejs thread.

Finished 5th with a counter attacking 4-4-2. Scobbie a rock in the centre of the park and Chris Kane scoring over 20 goals.

Rangers finished 7th, Killie got relegated and Celtic strolled the title.

I've taken a gamble in the Summer and allowed Mannus to leave on a free, and Clark to join Hibs for £550k up front, potential for £725k.

Signed Ben Garrett on a free from Crewe. Hope he plays as well as I expect him too.

Currently third with Middlesbrough after 16 or 17 games. Everton are absolutely romping the league, though. Really inconsistent but I'm managing to keep plenty of clean sheets without scoring too many but that can be solved. Andy Carroll's the only guy who's scoring consistently.
Since leaving Accies they're rooted to the bottom - only moderately near Ayr (who somehow got promoted). Makes me happy to see I did a pretty good job ;)
Also, has anyone ever seen the Championship team win the play-offs in Scotland? I've seen 3 play-off finals and the Premiership team has won them all.

1 hour ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

I guess there has been a fairly sizeable update to the match engine since I last started FM about five weeks ago... everything about my tactic that made it good (speed, tempo, pacy wing backs) have all gone, the play is now so slow and lethargic.

I always struggle with strikers not scoring goals so I tried a no striker tactic in a Liverpool save. Its basically a 4-1-2-3 but the 3 are AMCs, two shadow strilkers either side of an advanced playmer

It worked really well. I brought in a couple of AMCs in the summer and they were scoring plenty - injuries at the back meant I was also conceeding loads but thats another story. So, I started to move on some of the strikers in January as they werent playing and werent needed. The whole squad starts moaning about the lack of depth up front. Morale plummets and so do my results <_<

It was also based on a high tempo with quick passing

Still on my Dundee save, romped league in first season. Quitongo Wighton and Cummings the star men. Had a huge squad turnover in second season and came third in champions league group. Just beat basel in europa now have a tie vs Chelsea, so that will be that over. Board gave me 10 mil for january so have bought a lot of czech regens aswell as a few epl players. Lost Quitongo unfortunately but Knox from Livi, Cummings, Wighton and a 16 year old regen have plugged gap. Only lost once in league after around 24/25 games, at home to Motherwell, go figure? Loving it but at same time it is a touch unrealistic

Quick question: what's FM Touch?

It's a more streamlined version, to allow you to play it on tablets and such. Never played it myself, but a lot of people now prefer it and say you barely notice the things "missing". You'd be best trying a demo of it first.

I'm in my second season as Morton boss.  First year I got promoted via the playoffs playing a bunch of academy kids and am now at the halfway point of my Scottish Premiership season and am sitting a solid 6th place.  Team can't defend but can score goals!  Highlights include a 3-2 win over Celtic at home thanks to an injury time Scott Tiffony winner, and a 5-2 win away at Ross County thnaks to a brace from new signing Craig Tanner (a winger who had been released by Reading) and a Man of the Match performance from Andy Murdoch who has developed a habit of scoring long range screamers.  Lowlights include a 4-0 loss at Ibrox in August that featured Andy Murdoch getting sent off and new signing Jon Routledge damaging his cruciate ligaments to be ruled out for the rest of the season as well as a 7-3 loss at Hearts