Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Probably missing something simple here, but when choosing a team at the start of the game, there must be a way to see the club details?
In previous versions you could see a media prediction for example, how can I get that in the new version?

When youre in the "select a team" bit, with all the blocks with the clubs badges on them, there's a "choose a team later" block before the first club. If you select that then it takes you to the more traditional page where you can view squads and that before deciding.

One long ball from the halfway line is my achilles heel.

I had this, dropping both centre halves to cover sorted it a small bit, but buying a pacey centre half with good positioning was the only way I could solve it.

Sent from my F5121 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The Scottish expanded pyramid system on Steam community is madness but in a good way due to the money flying around the Scottish game,  every team is a threat as a rssult.  In my 4th season with St. Mirren and Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Dundee,  Kilmarnock,  St.  Johnstone and ourselves have all made serious tilts at the title at some point,  St. Johnstone going from relegated to promoted to title challengers in successive seasons. Celtic claiming two of the three and Dundee winning the other. I've been happy slowly rising with a 7th place,  3rd and 2nd though in my fourth season I'm running away with it, claiming 16 straight victories by January. 

Brora Rangers have also had a stellar rise to prominece with back to back promotions resulting in them sitting comfortably in 14th halfway through their first premier league season. Edinburgh Uni have risen the ranks of the championship and look like they may join the elite next season. £10m - £20m transfers flying about like nobody's business by this point. 

As I say,  utter nonsense but incredibly good fun. 

On 1/6/2017 at 20:36, sergie's no1 fan said:

Yeah Shankland and Sutton stepped up to the mark to be fair to them.

Lost Lewis Morgan for 150k to Rangers in January but managed to sign that Boiregdar (spelling), Dutch guy who was at Celtic, he's on a free. Bit pricey, 1k a week but he helped clinch promotion.

Top leagues really hard. Didn't score for the first 3 games, then won 3 in a row.

Signed Jordan White and Declan McManus on frees. That's my strike force plus Sutton who is pretty much past it at that level.

Signed Charlie Telfer on a free to replace Mallan, Hearts robbed him off me. The board accepted about 400k.

Iv relied on the loan system, if your go about the big clubs like Arsenal, Ac Milan ect they'll sometimes loan you a decent young player for nothing, which helps. Will try get a screenshot, I'm on my mobile just now.

That's a couple of cracking signings to be fair. Aye the loan system is absolutely vital for a club at St. Mirren's level, don't think I've actually paid a fee for a player for the last three games. Unfortunately struggling to find a parent club, used to love taking the piss out of the connection with Newcastle :lol:

Ended up with a collapse of form for the final 5 games of the season, beat QoS in the first play off game then limped to a 3-2 aggregate defeat to Dundee United. Probably just as well as I really wasn't comfortable with having to build an entire new squad in the top flight.

Managed to keep a hold of Mallan for the season, then newly promoted Wolves came in for him in the summer. Bid 300K and I went back with £2.5m for a laugh and they actually fucking did it :lol: Weirdly with this new found wealth, the board decided a £5m budget was ideal despite only having £2.4m in the bank. Had I gone ahead and spunked that we'd be bankrupt, so I've not touched a penny and stuck with cheap free transfers that I can develop for a tasty profit. Asked the board to invest the money we have into youth/training facilities and a decent scouting network covering the whole of Europe. So that's us pretty much sorted for the next 5 years or so, hopefully.

Into 17/18 now;

league table.gif

Got promoted to Prem with Dunfermline and offered an interview at Rotherham - just promoted to the Championship. Anyone got experience with the wee teams in that league?

Decided to save, and attend to see what happened.. mid interview decided to check out the facilities to see if I'd want them improved, then out of sheer habit, clicked continue.

In effect I've got up and walked out of the interview. Probably won't get the job tbh