Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

4 minutes ago, Meatwad said:

Does anyone have new kits for the Scottish teams? Sortitoutsi are more concerned with getting kits for the leagues in Vanuatu and the Dominican Republic.

They are preinstalled in the game?

After two awful saves (Inverness and Dortmund) I have finally managed to have some success with Sheffield Utd, winning League 1. However, after losing all of my loan players and letting the contracts expire of those who aren't remotely good enough for the Championship I'm left with 15 first team players including 2 goalies with quite a low budget to try and improve my squad. Might be a difficult season ahead but it should be a challenge.

Just finished season 5 with Leeds. Finished 6th in the league and won the League Cup, beating arch rivals Man United in the final. Also managed to get to the Europa League final but lost to Chelsea.

Next season im hoping for top 4 or another trophy win.

On 15/12/2016 at 21:15, cal234ey said:

After two awful saves (Inverness and Dortmund) I have finally managed to have some success with Sheffield Utd, winning League 1. However, after losing all of my loan players and letting the contracts expire of those who aren't remotely good enough for the Championship I'm left with 15 first team players including 2 goalies with quite a low budget to try and improve my squad. Might be a difficult season ahead but it should be a challenge.

Got one going with them today myself! Played 22 and around 7 points clear at top. Jai Quitongo with 14 goals so far despite not having great ratings! What was your budget like in championship? Seem to be struggling financially so far 

Edited by Tartan Dave

8 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Got one going with them today myself! Played 22 and around 7 points clear at top. Jai Quitongo with 14 goals so far despite not having great ratings! What was your budget like in championship? Seem to be struggling financially so far 

What do you play Quitongo as? I had him in my Inverness save and he was awful!

It was about 1M transfer budget and 180k p/w in wages. I was able to raise another million in player sales to boost it a little but I am slightly over my wage budget. I'm currently projected to make a loss of 5M over the year so will be desperately trying to shed players in January. I'm currently hovering around mid table and hoping that finishing higher than expected to bring in more money.

2 hours ago, cal234ey said:

What do you play Quitongo as? I had him in my Inverness save and he was awful!

It was about 1M transfer budget and 180k p/w in wages. I was able to raise another million in player sales to boost it a little but I am slightly over my wage budget. I'm currently projected to make a loss of 5M over the year so will be desperately trying to shed players in January. I'm currently hovering around mid table and hoping that finishing higher than expected to bring in more money.

False 9 with 3 attacking midfielders in behind him. I see, from a look online I've seen you can cash in on a kyle walker sell on clause and get about 4 mil straight away, so I'll be doing that in next window. 

I'm finding it much harder to secure quality players on loan this year.

I'm currently Duisburg and after 4 seasons we are an upper mid table Bundesliga 2 side. Until an established top division club I always rely heavily on the loan market as in the past I've always been able to get players obviously better than my level. Makes it a bit more realistic

Only just got this, was a bit annoyed that Matthew Knox is a striker rather than a midfielder, completely forgot he's listed on our OS as a forward :lol:

Pretty dreadful pre-season: needed a second half penalty to get a 1-0 win against Dalbeattie Star, drew 2-2 with Cove Rangers, then came from 2-0 behind to scrape a 3-2 win against Ballymena United. St Mirren up first in the League Cup and got a 0-0 draw and won on penalties. Expected to get thumped after the pre-season I had but happy with that :lol:

The social media thing, am I going to be seeing people calling for me to get sacked if I start doing badly or getting praise etc or is it just another way to display the news?

My Mrs gave me this for Christmas last night. Don't think she realises what she's let herself in for, was raging I stayed up until 3 downloading face/logo packs and setting up a game :lol:.

Started unemployed in Jan 16 (because I included USA) on the default experience/coaching level, went on holiday and applied for every job. Had an interview for Stirling Albion in February but didn't get it, then in July got offered and accepted Atlanta United in the US. Sitting in no league because they join the MLS in 2017, and have a squad full of greys apart 5 guys on loan and 3 in the squad, but have a money to burn with a budget that will allow £200k a week with £15m to spend. Could be interesting, or may give up quickly on this one. 

Edited by Dave

8 hours ago, Dave said:

My Mrs gave me this for Christmas last night. Don't think she realises what she's let herself in for, was raging I stayed up until 3 downloading face/logo packs and setting up a game :lol:.

Started unemployed in Jan 16 (because I included USA) on the default experience/coaching level, went on holiday and applied for every job. Had an interview for Stirling Albion in February but didn't get it, then in July got offered and accepted Atlanta United in the US. Sitting in no league because they join the MLS in 2017, and have a squad full of greys apart 5 guys on loan and 3 in the squad, but have a money to burn with a budget that will allow £200k a week with £15m to spend. Could be interesting, or may give up quickly on this one. 

You're not a real MLS team until you sign a well known old guy - 

marquee1.jpg

Wondering whether to buy this or not. The reviews on Steam are full of people moaning it's basically the same as FM16. However, I skipped 16 and 15 is the latest I've played.

Worth the £25 on Steam if I've taken a year break from the series?

Got this for Christmas so started a save with Forfar. 

Took Connor Murray on Loan from Queen of the South and he bags a Hat Trick in first game vs Albion Rovers.

Just playing a basic 4-1-4-1 Counter with no instructions until I figure the game out.

Any players work looking at for this level?

Wondering whether to buy this or not. The reviews on Steam are full of people moaning it's basically the same as FM16. However, I skipped 16 and 15 is the latest I've played.

Worth the £25 on Steam if I've taken a year break from the series?

Demos free is it not? That's the easiest way as most folk are biased to some degree