Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Started my Dundee career and as per usual, there's a few slight inaccuracies. Eddie Johnson is listed as a scout despite departing from Dens nearly a year ago now and having never been a scout in his duration with us. Then there's no Gerry Doherty as our physio and we have a head doctor who you can't click on as well.

Anyways - onto the squad, offloaded Gadzhalov and Haber as Haber was never going to get a game for me and Gadzhalov netted me around £110k.

Dundee actually start the game with around 500k anyways so invested that cash by bringing in Stephen Mallan, Mark Russell (Decent young LB from Morton) and Craig Sibbald. Blew most of my budget on Mallan (Around 250k) and 150k for Sibbald and I've definitely overspent on them considering the kind of things you can do with that sort of budget, but I'm fairly happy to get them in as they'll have good re-sale potential.

I've adopted an ultra narrow formation and play 4-1-2-1-2. Despite getting off to a shocker in losing 3-2 to Ayr United in the Cup mini-league, I still qualified as one of the best 2nd placed teams (Finishing behind an unbeaten Ayr). Won 6-1 against Dumbarton, 5-1 against Edinburgh City and 1-0 against Clyde.

Onto the league campaign, I've only played 1 game and it was a 1-1 draw with County away from home. I was all over them, but couldn't get the goal I needed.

2nd round of the Betfred cup was against Rangers at home. 2-0 up within 20 minutes, ended up with me equalising in the last minute to make it 3-3. Nick Ross scored a screamer to put 10 man Dundee through in ET.

I fully expect Rangers will have their revenge as I have them again at home in the league next.

8 hours ago, Falkirkyabass said:

Nah, mate. Only got England and Scotland. Hibs went up and sold me Keatings though and he's scored 10 goals in 9 or something for me in the Championship. Got him up front with Lewis Vaughan and they're both scoring for fun.

Keatings and Cummings upfront for me destroyed the championship. 

Some decent free agents in the 2nd season for any club.

Good luck!
Being unable to sign 99% of Germans in the Bundesliga has ruined the save for me really, tbh. I wanted to follow a realistic approach of poaching players from lower down the league but you can't do it due to the bug.
Giving Roma a go now.

Lost 1-0 to bayern. Then lost to dresden in the german cup. However results have kinda picked up. Seem to draw a lot of games. Sitting about 7th after 8 games

Decided against a Scottish save, instead going for a cheeky Australian league save

Add any Asian league you have as you can only have 3 non Australian players (kiwis if you go Wellington) and one extra Asian player in your squad.

Add any Asian league you have as you can only have 3 non Australian players (kiwis if you go Wellington) and one extra Asian player in your squad.

I went with Central coast, on my first week a Portuguese winger got an Aussie citizenship and one of my other better players(Nick Montgomery) is 44 days away from Aussie citizenship

Every goal scored has been the result of the conceding team losing possession in the middle of the pitch and being hit on the counter. Every single one of them.

No one can take a simple throw in to a team mate. Not one. 

The goalkeepers parry 90% of shots hit straight at them into the net. 

Twice in two seasons the same person has tried a takeover and failed because he didn't have the money. Some twat from Port Vale. 

Really, really cannot get into this game at all.

On 12/9/2016 at 23:48, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

CAN YOU DISABLE BREXIT VIA THE EDITOR?

On 12/9/2016 at 23:49, RandomGuy. said:

Not as far as I'm aware.

Shouting aside, I believe you can, although not sure how reliable it ends up being.  People on the editors forum over on the official SI boards have been working on it.

On 11/12/2016 at 13:48, Aufc said:

Lost 1-0 to bayern. Then lost to dresden in the german cup. However results have kinda picked up. Seem to draw a lot of games. Sitting about 7th after 8 games

Takes Dortmund a while to get going in the saves Ive seen.

Worth noting the latest patch sorts the German player bug, so youll be able to sign Germans from the Bundesliga now