Football Manager 2017

Falkirkyabass

Season two with Dortmund. Sit top of the league on the last day, shitebag it and Bayern scrape a win to seal the title.

A week later I play Bayern in the Cup Final, 2-1 up and they equalise in the last minutes. Reus gets injured in extra time so I go down to ten, then Bayern score a winner with five minutes left.

I FUCKING DESPISE BAYERN MUNICH.

Started off unemployed ended up at Droghega United. Got them promoted to the League of Ireland Premier Division via playoffs and the day after the final playoff one of my players decided he was too good for the team and wanted to leave. So after trying to get him to stay and offer to sell him after I get a replacement replacement he demands that I sell him straight away. A month and a later no one has put a bid on or even showed any interest and 3 days before the opening game of the new season the entire team demands a meeting to tell me I am destroying his career by not selling him to a bigger club. Because of this the morale for every player went from the highest it could be to the lowest. The transfer window has closed and he is still at the club but not getting any game time.

First season over, went Middlesbrough. Got relegated on the final day after needing a win at home to Spurs (was 2-0 down, went 3-2 up and lost 6-3). Strangely I got a new two year contract so I'm currently in the process of gutting the squad for two main reasons - could never get a settled squad and a lot of them are pretty shite and also trying to prepare for brexit whenever it happens.

Tried to sign Callum McGregor from Celtic, only to be told he wanted £48k (forty eight thousand pounds per week). Away and shite.

mcgregor.jpg

Edited by Chris_DK

Finding this version a bit tougher than usual - best result so far being a 3-0 win at ibrox (rangers* have been flying, top of the league and their only defeat so far was to me) but a bit of a slog otherwise. Currently 8th but its realistically very tight from 7th - 12th.

My normal 4-2-3-1 saw me getting bitchslapped about, results have picked up since going with a more defensive 4-5-1 and 4-4-fucking-2 with no fancy player roles. Chris Kane is like a St Johnstone version of Doolan, cant find a way to stop him scoring against me and hes the league top scorer.

Nice dose of the realism, and unrealism, of FM in my Dortmund save.

Unrealistic - Scotland qualified for the World Cup in 2018.

Realistic - Strachan picked Championship left backs Robertson and Forsyth ahead of Tierney, whos been my first choice left back all season and got a 7.67 rating in the CL.

Started a dortmund game off thr back of randomguy. Transfers thus far are

IN
Manuel locatelli (£10m)
Moise kean (£1.1m)
Carlos Soler (£600k)
Andrea belotti (£24.5m)
Predrag rajkovic (£6m)
Ruben Neves (£24.5m)

OUT
Adrian Ramos (£7m)
Sebastian Rode (£14.75m)
Nuri Sahin (£11m)

Didnt expect to get Neves as he usually turns into a beast but asked the board to sign him and they did. Trying to only really buy young players with potential.

First game against Bayern incoming

4th season was a complete success. Biggest signing was probably a wee regen striker called Rodolfo and Patrick Roberts. Roberts got around 10 goals and about 13 assists. Cummings got 30 goals in all competitions :lol:

Finished 7th and because the FA cup final was between Liverpool and Stoke who had qualified for Europe already it saw me qualify.

Got the disc version for this today, left it on to install while I was out tonight. Got home and it seems to be 99% complete but steam has frozen and isn't responding to anything :(

ETA-Completed installing literally as I hit post :lol: canna wait to get stuck into this

8 hours ago, Aufc said:

Started a dortmund game off thr back of randomguy. Transfers thus far are

IN
Manuel locatelli (£10m)
Moise kean (£1.1m)
Carlos Soler (£600k)
Andrea belotti (£24.5m)
Predrag rajkovic (£6m)
Ruben Neves (£24.5m)

OUT
Adrian Ramos (£7m)
Sebastian Rode (£14.75m)
Nuri Sahin (£11m)

Didnt expect to get Neves as he usually turns into a beast but asked the board to sign him and they did. Trying to only really buy young players with potential.

First game against Bayern incoming

Good luck!

Being unable to sign 99% of Germans in the Bundesliga has ruined the save for me really, tbh. I wanted to follow a realistic approach of poaching players from lower down the league but you can't do it due to the bug.

Giving Roma a go now.

Started my first save on this game with Falkirk. Managed to finish 8th and get to the Scottish cup semi. Somehow managed to keep my job and picked up Pawlett, Kieran Kennedy and Charlie Telfer on PCAs and sold Sibbald for 400k and Peter Grant for 500k. About to start my second season now.

55 minutes ago, Falkirkyabass said:

Started my first save on this game with Falkirk. Managed to finish 8th and get to the Scottish cup semi. Somehow managed to keep my job and picked up Pawlett, Kieran Kennedy and Charlie Telfer on PCAs and sold Sibbald for 400k and Peter Grant for 500k. About to start my second season now.

If you have got the Norwegian leagues loaded. Sign Felix Horn Myhre at any cost. Turns into a absolute superstar for Scottish Clubs. 

2 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

If you have got the Norwegian leagues loaded. Sign Felix Horn Myhre at any cost. Turns into a absolute superstar for Scottish Clubs. 

Nah, mate. Only got England and Scotland. Hibs went up and sold me Keatings though and he's scored 10 goals in 9 or something for me in the Championship. Got him up front with Lewis Vaughan and they're both scoring for fun.

Started off unemployed ended up at Droghega United. Got them promoted to the League of Ireland Premier Division via playoffs and the day after the final playoff one of my players decided he was too good for the team and wanted to leave. So after trying to get him to stay and offer to sell him after I get a replacement replacement he demands that I sell him straight away. A month and a later no one has put a bid on or even showed any interest and 3 days before the opening game of the new season the entire team demands a meeting to tell me I am destroying his career by not selling him to a bigger club. Because of this the morale for every player went from the highest it could be to the lowest. The transfer window has closed and he is still at the club but not getting any game time.

Got offered the Brisbane Roar job who are 2nd bottom in the A-leauge. With not enough games left to improve my league placing but have been able to get out my group in the AFC Champions league