Airdrie v Stranraer

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye 1-1 would have been a fair scoreline in a poor match. Mckeown missed 2 sitters for us. Malkies pen was woeful. Ref was utter... for both sides. However the linesman in front of us should just give up. Blind as a...

Airdrie win with controversial goal. Malcolm missed spot kick for Stranraer. And Ref missed another spot kick for Stranraer.

Certainly didn't look offside from my vantage. Looked like he timed the run to perfection and your defence were so slow at responding he was 5 yards clear before they knew it.

As much as I'm getting on I'm fairly sure the ref didn't take a spot kick either. Maybe I was at the loo at the time? Did he blaze it high over? Past the post? Or did Ferguson save that one too? Jesting apart. He didn't miss a spot kick. There was nothing that warranted another spot kick in the game.

11 minutes ago, TrueDiamond said:

Certainly didn't look offside from my vantage. Looked like he timed the run to perfection and your defence were so slow at responding he was 5 yards clear before they knew it.

As much as I'm getting on I'm fairly sure the ref didn't take a spot kick either. Maybe I was at the loo at the time? Did he blaze it high over? Past the post? Or did Ferguson save that one too? Jesting apart. He didn't miss a spot kick. There was nothing that warranted another spot kick in the game.

Unfortunately neither myself or the linesman were up with play at the time. So we both missed it.

Probably the worst we've played but this is the type of game it's good to win. Ferguson was better today and in the second half the 2 centre backs held us together when everybody else in front of them had disappeared from sight. However, Stranraer are not as good as Livi so don't know how long defensive improvement will last. Conroy good in first half but like almost everybody else nowhere to be seen in second half. Ryan was great throughout but he missed a sitter to settle it.

Good solid performance last year we would have drawn or lost this game.  Ryan Conroy throughout the game was great think he only made one bad pass the whole game.Both Andy and Iain had the chances to make the scoreline more favourable. It is pleasing though their making good runs and getting themselves in the goalscoring positions. Boetang and fitz appear to have a good understanding. Schmidt was doing well hope he is fit for the stenny game. Leitch also had a good game.

Good solid performance last year we would have drawn or lost this game.  Ryan Conroy throughout the game was great think he only made one bad pass the whole game.Both Andy and Iain had the chances to make the scoreline more favourable. It is pleasing though their making good runs and getting themselves in the goalscoring positions. Boetang and fitz appear to have a good understanding. Schmidt was doing well hope he is fit for the stenny game. Leitch also had a good game.

To come away with three points after that is a massive plus. Not everyone played well but they all gave 100% and dug in to get the victory.

Penalty was a bizarre one, no one had a clue what was going on.

Shocking refereeing today.

Mystery penalty then, having booked 3 Diamonds players for first foul, he suddenly decides its a mans' game and only books someone for a two footed scythe on Russell. Having not booked the guy who chopped him down just beforehand.

Moving on to  Stranraer's  keeper. If you warn him for something  (kicking an attacking player in the box ....which I think is a penalty); when he does it again the logical response would involve a card. Perhaps not though; but you can reflect on that.

Rant over... happy with the points.

Fans tend to see what they want to see(and players) during games and maybe the "highlights" will clear up most of the confusion over Ref's decision or lack of them . Ryan looked onside at the through ball but I could be wrong. He also missed a pinch of a chance partly on a poor touch and maybe trying to make Belford look a chump. I thought stranraer were too strong for us in many positions, especially in the second half where their full backs had the run of the show. However they paid the price for poor shooting and missing a puzzling penalty. The defence held on quite well in the end and if this is an ugly win I will take it. Now on to see if we can overturn our record against Stenhousemuir. Russell was very involved but could have scored two on another day. Liked the wee guy Turnet for Stranraer unlike his faither who annoyed us at Morton. Don't see Stranraer being bottom at Xmas loke last season

We tired and lost our composure in the second half and felt we should have put on another centre midfielder and changed to the 4-3-3 we used in previous weeks as I thought Leitch and Conroy looked tired and another playmaker/passing option might have helped us take control of the game again. Don't understand why Schmidt was taken off at half time either thought he looked positive and had a good work rate. Glad we dug in for the 3 point in the end though as Airdrie of last season would have thrown that game away.

Archived