La Liga / Copa Del Rey Ole

capybara

In the studio analysis part of La Liga  TV, Graham Hunter regularly interrupts the presenter, even when the presenter is directly addressing the audience into the camera. It's obnoxious but it really makes me laugh so I love it. Hunter's slight Alan Partridge streak makes him all the more endearing.

5 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Graham Hunter is an absolute walloper.

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely nauseating to listen to. 

Barca not scoring again, lead down to 11 points. They'll obviously win the league but they're horrible to watch. 

Atleti played as well as they have all season for the first 70 mins against Almeria then somehow ended up hanging on at the end. I've said it in here before but Griezmann is far and away the best player in La Liga this season. Another brilliant performance. 

Valencia just lost to Sevilla and looking more and more like they will go down. Utterly dreadful again tonight (tho tbf I only caught the second half).

16 hours ago, JMDPco said:

Valencia just lost to Sevilla and looking more and more like they will go down. Utterly dreadful again tonight (tho tbf I only caught the second half).

Since Valencia reached those successive Champions League finals at the turn of the century I've always had a soft spot for them. This very long downturn goes back to the 2008 financial crisis. They lost more money in that than other clubs given they were half way through building a new stadium. If they'd managed to complete the stadium then things would've gone very differently. Instead the finances never recovered after that hit. It left them as sitting ducks for being bought over by a Peter Lim type.

I started watching Spanish football in the early 00s when Valencia and Deportivo La Coruna were both amongst the best teams in the country. Mental to think they could both be playing in the lower leagues next season (well down the lower leagues in Deportivo's case). 

On 17/04/2023 at 15:13, FreedomFarter said:

Since Valencia reached those successive Champions League finals at the turn of the century I've always had a soft spot for them. This very long downturn goes back to the 2008 financial crisis. They lost more money in that than other clubs given they were half way through building a new stadium. If they'd managed to complete the stadium then things would've gone very differently. Instead the finances never recovered after that hit. It left them as sitting ducks for being bought over by a Peter Lim type.

I fell in love with Valencia's sensational counter attacking football in those days;alas,the last 15 years haven't been quite so pretty

On a plus note it will hopefully mean I get to see their games next year for free.on a negative note it'll mean I get to see all their games next year with no excuse for not watching

Went along to RCD Mallorca Vs Getafe on Sunday evening on a trip we took ma auld man on for his 60th and it really impressed me as an experience, wasn't knowing quite what to expect but they had a good crowd and the standard of fitba in the second half was really entertaining - particularly the wee Korean attacking mid for Mallorca, Lee Kang-in.

Better atmosphere and game than I expected, can see myself watching mare Spanish fitba going forward.

IMG_20230423_182934.jpg