Pars vs. Doonhamers

Whether it was a tackle or a foul, how on earth can he have missed a sitter?

I watched it on the highlights (wasn't at the game) once or twice and can't really make heads or tails of it. Looks like he's gone through the back of him but you can see why the referee thinks he's won the ball. But why's Andy Dowie so raging at Spence? Does he think he dived or something?

Cmon smpar, really? The still image before the highlights clearly showed Tapping getting his leg in front of the Pars player and getting his foot to the ball.

The highlights confirmed quite clearly that Tapping won the ball fully and it wasn't even debatable whether or not it was a foul.

If a genuine argument in this case is that the ball was won but then then the player got taken out (which never happened anyway) then football is well and truly fucked and it won't be far from becoming a non-contact sport.

I'm genuinely baffled anyone still has doubts over the quality of that tackle. In fairness to the player though, his comments appear to have been made on Sunday or Monday and possibly didn't see the conclusive highlights at that point.

ETA. I did see Dowie's reaction. I doubt he was implying the boy dived. I'd guess his words were more along the lines of "Get f£cking up, oor boy won the ball".

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite right from Dowie, Probably telling him to get the f**k up and stop screaming for a penalty that never was. Not too dissimilar to all the morons on here screaming about it was a "stonewaller", who finally piped down when they seen the video evidence.

Archived