Pars vs. Doonhamers

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You are right, it's not a good tackle. It is an outstanding, goal-saving one. In fact it isnt really a tackle at all. Spence never has the ball. Tapping reached it first. It isnt a foul in itself to have both feet off the ground. If it was, no overhead kick would ever count. Tapping played the ball first and didnt impede the man at all until he had already played the ball away. If a free kick was given against him for that in the centre circle it would be a poor decision. 

Well of course you don't need to have one foot on the ground at all times - running would be a bit difficult if that was the case...

Obviously it's a different matter when you throw yourself leg first towards an opponent to try to win a ball, knowing that you'll catch him either before or after the ball, with both feet off the ground and therefore not in control. You already know that though.

2 minutes ago, Socks said:

Well of course you don't need to have one foot on the ground at all times - running would be a bit difficult if that was the case...

Obviously it's a different matter when you throw yourself leg first towards an opponent to try to win a ball, knowing that you'll catch him either before or after the ball, with both feet off the ground and therefore not in control. You already know that though.

He didnt throw himself towards an opponent and if anything Spence ran into him after the ball had been played. Its not remotely dangerous or out of control and it should not, in any part of the pitch, be given as a foul. Give it up man. Charleston called it spot on.

Well obviously I don't agree, but as we've all made our points often enough, I'll leave it at that. I'm sure I used to have these wee disagreements over details of the game with you quite often before - I must say I've missed it somewhat over the last few years!

This is worse than Tragic posting a massive toley in the Rovers thread.

Agreed. Only funny thing about it was when some slavers were going on about the ref being a biased falkirk fan.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:34, palmy_cammy said:

Good to go back to a nice, warm and cuddly pre-match discussion after the car crash of the Falkirk thread.  

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 23:23, mikedafc said:

given the car crash that was the Raith thread so am i

That went well!

Is this JFK assassination standard bit of footage conclusive proof of it not being a penalty? I watched it a couple of times and was none the wiser. Maybe it was a clean tackle but definitely has suspicions of hitting Spence's leg out of the way en-route to the ball. Ref called it how he saw it and far from a certainty we'd have scored the penalty. 

Wasn't at the game as was in Glasgow or the Biffy gig, watched the highlights, shite defending for the goal, Moffat fluffed what is a great chance for any competent striker, the man looks bereft of confidence, Talbot's was a red, didn't look to be any aggression involved more than a scholes-esque failure of a challenge, studs up and ball had gone. Don't see how people are getting into a flurry over the penalty incident, the view from the behind-left of the goal looked like a miraculous tackle by the Queens boy.

Trying to justify missing an absolute sitter. Diddy.

Whether it was a tackle or a foul, how on earth can he have missed a sitter?

I watched it on the highlights (wasn't at the game) once or twice and can't really make heads or tails of it. Looks like he's gone through the back of him but you can see why the referee thinks he's won the ball. But why's Andy Dowie so raging at Spence? Does he think he dived or something?

Archived