Pars vs. Doonhamers

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be one of the only people who doesn't want video replays brought in, how would they stop the game to review decision? wait until the ball is out of play?

Then you would have to rely on another referee watching the replay somewhere to make the correct decision. 

Great highlights. My take on them:-

- Superb challenge by Tapping and well followed by Hamill as well. Absolutely no way was it a penalty and thankfully the ref is a massive Falkirk fan and not a Pars fan or a wrong decision would have been given.

- The free kick just before our goal was a foul all day long. How anyone thought it wasn't is pretty baffling.

- Dykes' injury looked more like he went over on his ankle heavily more than anything. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

- After Tapping's challenge it was good to see Brownlie and Hamill celebrating as if we had just won. It appears we have great team spirit this season.

13 minutes ago, spacekid84 said:

I must be one of the only people who doesn't want video replays brought in, how would they stop the game to review decision? wait until the ball is out of play?

Then you would have to rely on another referee watching the replay somewhere to make the correct decision. 

No, Im with you. Im not completely against it but I just cant see how it would work. One of the few sports in the world thats perfect for it, the NFL, has changed the way its implemented several times to try and make it work.

I think it also worth pointing out that in this case, despite the entire kingdom of Fife being adamant otherwise, the referee got this decision spot on. Im not a fan of Charleston but it was a really good decision and the behind the goal footage shows how well he did to get into a good position to see the challenge. Theres nothing here that video evidence would have achieved other than the game finishing 10 minutes later.

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

No, Im with you. Im not completely against it but I just cant see how it would work. One of the few sports in the world thats perfect for it, the NFL, has changed the way its implemented several times to try and make it work.

I think it also worth pointing out that in this case, despite the entire kingdom of Fife being adamant otherwise, the referee got this decision spot on. Im not a fan of Charleston but it was a really good decision and the behind the goal footage shows how well he did to get into a good position to see the challenge. Theres nothing here that video evidence would have achieved other than the game finishing 10 minutes later.

I like a bit of bit of controversy from time to time.

Would be pretty boring if every decision was spot on, We'd have nothing to talk/moan about.

42 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

But...But ... But...  Falkirk tattoo tho.

At least with all that cleared up Dunfermline fans can get back to analysing how bad their team are rather than making a scapegoat out of innocent victims like Craig Charleston for their own inadequacies.

But but but he has a tattoo of the Falkirk badge on his body and knows all the words to is this the way to Amarillo. 

10 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Seem them given, but the way the attacker falls doesn't match in with the 'push'. He exaggerates it and as such makes it very easy not to give it.

This. 

He is backing in towards Anderson and then grant leans on him and Geggan dives forward. 

So this game has cleared up that Geggan and Charleston are cheats.

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

If it makes you Dumfries chaps feel better that there was definitely no chance of QoTS not winning the game rather than the reality that did get quite lucky then carry on.

That doesn't even make sense, you petulant wee tool.

I think it would be one of two things. Either the referee stops play and the decision is review so for example a penalty either the penalty is given or its a free kick to defensive team. This is obviously just being vague about it. The other way to do it is a review system that only the captain can call for. For example one review each half if there a penalty call the captain can chose to review within 30 sec. Again just being vague. I think there would be less simulation as players will be found out and punished in game.

Goal line tech is a start but more needed for me.

4 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I think it would be one of two things. Either the referee stops play and the decision is review so for example a penalty either the penalty is given or its a free kick to defensive team. This is obviously just being vague about it. The other way to do it is a review system that only the captain can call for. For example one review each half if there a penalty call the captain can chose to review within 30 sec. Again just being vague. I think there would be less simulation as players will be found out and punished in game.

Goal line tech is a start but more needed for me.

So what if the ref stops play while the attacking team have the ball, reviews it, no penalty. The defending team get a free kick? 

You'd get captains calling for a review to stop opposition teams scoring on the break. 

Like I said I was just being vague. There are literally hundreds of scenarios in what could and might happen. So to answer your question I don't know. Captains calling review would be a no if there is one per half and they already used that trick then it won't make to much difference.

One thing to say though is there would have to be minimal disruption to the game. Too many times in rugby union the decision takes far too long to make

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Very good from Tapping and Hammil, awful from Robinson and Spence, he was in front of Tapping and shouldn't be getting beat to the ball like that. Bit more intelligence and he would've got his body in-between the man and ball.

Any footage of this apparent second penalty shout?

I'm just wondering if the striker could have made an attempt at a diving header there instead of waiting for it to fall at his foot. Mind you the ball drops pretty sharpish so perhaps not.  On my first viewing of the footage from behind the goal that was my initial thought.

Archived