Closing Ceremony

The Naitch

So after 16 days of action they finally bring things to a close later tonight. Kate Richardson-Walsh will be the Team GB flag bearer.

If the opening ceremony is anything to go by then we're in for a fun couple of hours.

Good choice for flag bearer!

Hopefully they don't go down the London route and do a 2 hour music concert, as I'm not totally clued up on Brazilian musicians...

Hopefully they don't go down the London route and do a 2 hour music concert, as I'm not totally clued up on Brazilian musicians...

2 hours of scantily clad samba dancers. It's a tough gig.

2 hours ago, Sooky said:

Seems an odd one to me actually.

By tradition it's a great multi-medalling Olympian in their last games: previous 6 were Ben Ainslie, Chris Hoy, Kelly Holmes, Steve Redgrave, Roger Black and Linford Christie. I appreciate she's retiring and has bronze + gold as captain of the hockey team, but I was expecting Farah, or failing that someone like Wiggins, Ennis-Hill (imagine they may have left tbf), Grainger, swimmers or Skelton.

So for the bit at every closing ceremony when the next host nation gets to do a little segment, apparently the Japanese PM just arrived dressed up as Mario. I have high hopes for Tokyo.

So for the bit at every closing ceremony when the next host nation gets to do a little segment, apparently the Japanese PM just arrived dressed up as Mario. I have high hopes for Tokyo.

Yeah, that sets the tone for me.

Will be very disappointed if we don't have a Mario Kart style line up at the opening ceremony in four years time.

Archived