West Premier Champions 2016/17

manintheknow

21 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

Will take no interest in any of the League cup games re possible league form as it's an absolute farce
Still think we are a bit short squad wise to go & win the league but we won't be far away again . Looking at the signings other clubs have made I expect Talbot Troon & Ford to be up there or thereabouts with our neighbours close by as well
As others have alluded to I feel Buffs might struggle as some of their signings have been lukewarm at best

I'm in agreement with you that the Buffs might struggle in the league,fotj. I feel we havn't signed the quality of players,so far,to make any kind of challenge,& are a shaddow of the team we were last season. We havn't had a great pre-season,but hope we can make a good account of ourselves,in our league opener at Hurlford,on Saturday.Looking forward to the new season just the same......come what may!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

The only player that left that weakened the squad was Mcaleer . An McElroy looks like he will fill that gap given what I've seen of him . Strange statement mate

Overall we have 2/3 regularly carrying knocks, 2/3 behind in fitness, no back up keeper, with a squad of only 18, just can't see where your optimism is coming from.

Overall we have 2/3 regularly carrying knocks, 2/3 behind in fitness, no back up keeper, with a squad of only 18, just can't see where your optimism is coming from.

A know the world isn't rosy but don't understand the pessimism .
It's basically the same team what we had last season . Never really had a back up goalie for the majority of last season either with young Robbie no getting 1 minute of game time

Pollok

Talbot

Troon

Hurlford

Beith

Kilbirnie

Cumnock

Largs

Glenafton

Arthurlie

Kilwinning

Rob Roy

Think the league is even stronger than last year, everyone capable of beating everyone on the day. As always cup runs, the senior Scottish and the weather will have its influence. Sticking my neck out as we have the potential to win it, improved on last seasons squad with a few additions and a year of playing together will hopefully improve our results. We beat the better teams last year and the only reason we didn't put up more of a title challenge was dropping 17 points against relegation candidates. Hopefully our play is just that wee bit more consistent to mount a challenge. Talbot and Troon will be thereabouts. Reckon the bottom 3 will be the bottom 3 with every other position up for grabs. Think this year no team will be cut adrift like the Meadow were last season.

Having won the Super League for four seasons running it must be getting harder and harder for the club to carry on doing so. Think there's some serious money doing the rounds in a bid to buy some glory, and that has to pay off eventually. That, plus the fact we're blooding a significant amount of new, young players makes me genuinely think this will be some kind of transitional season for us and that honours are likely to be thin on the ground....although am always happy to be proved wrong.

• 1 month later...

Pollok so far have mostly played teams in the top half of the table or just directly behind them. The exception to this is Talbot.

Based on what I have seen this season and at the end of last Beith look the strongest side.

Rob Roy are on an amazing run and are putting down a marker. My feeling is they will suffer again playing at Cumbernauld unless we have a very mild winter.

Talbot I haven't seen since last season, but ultimately have the experience and know how to win leagues.

I would say the league will likely come down to Beith and Talbot.

From Pollok point of view, we have had a 'mid table' start, for us to have any chance of moving up the league we need to take a lot of points off the bottom 4 teams who we have yet to play.

Our second half performance yesterday was excellent, but it's all about consistency.
Two weeks ago I would have more than happy with 4 points from Beith A, Arthurlie H, and that's what we got. So a couple of good results.

It wasn't guys meadow that caused our problems last season.
It was players losing confidence, injuries, suspensions the bench not quite as strong as we hoped it would be.

This season we are definitely stronger mentally and have a better squad so hopefully that will take us to at least a top six finish.

I think the league will ultimately be between Beith and Talbot though beith could have loads of games to play come new year Nobody can totally rule out Rob Roy especially if we get to the half way point around 23 points.

Pollok again won't finish top three for me around fifth or sixth for me.

I worry bout beith falling behind with the fixtures played 3 and now 3 weeks of cup football and a replay away from nearly running into next round of cup games if we get through I'm happy with 7 points from our 3 games this is by far best squad we have seen at bellsdale in many a year maybe even best ever better than last year pity bout andy reid retiring Talbot defo gonna be the team to beat still but hats off to rob roy who I tipped to be in bottom 3 with Largs and cumnock

Archived