Favourite quirks of Scottish stadiums.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's the one. Hedge was probably about same size but what the picture doesn't really show is the wee gaps near the bottom. Perfect for balls, not so much for decent sized humans.

This is how hard up committees save money. ;) 

However some never get found. I retrieved a match ball from the nettles/shrubbery over the fence at Arniston when I was there and found two practice balls both with EUJFC on them. I think they ended up getting gathered up with the Pumpherston practice balls at half time. They'll be well travelled anyway.

Livingston - The social club next door (I think) will always remain in the mind as I watched another Highland club destroy Celtic in a Scottish Cup semi final. :) Same day as that Forfar game in the photos.

Are the Livi drums silent these days?

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Did anyone ever attend the nightclub at Livingston's ground pre match? What a weird feeling that was, out of the club and straight to the match :lol:

Livi Nightspot I think it was called.  I remember being in there before a game in 05-06 season.  Very surreal indeed.  There was about 17 people in it.

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Did anyone ever attend the nightclub at Livingston's ground pre match? What a weird feeling that was, out of the club and straight to the match :lol:

Yes. I thought it was brilliant, although mainly because of the cheap drinks. They had to have loud music due to some stupid licensing law. Like you say, surreal coming out of a dark, loud club and it was still broad daylight then going to the match. I think they even had a DJ when I was last in.

20 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Livi Nightspot I think it was called.  I remember being in there before a game in 05-06 season.  Very surreal indeed.  There was about 17 people in it.

Was in pre match maybe aorund the same time and it was just like a real nightclub. Some guy pulling some bird on the dance floor before getting sparked out by someone else haha

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes. I thought it was brilliant, although mainly because of the cheap drinks. They had to have loud music due to some stupid licensing law. Like you say, surreal coming out of a dark, loud club and it was still broad daylight then going to the match. I think they even had a DJ when I was last in.

Yep, there was definitely a DJ in the couple of times I was in before a game.  Utterly bizarre feeling.

Just now, shootingboots said:

Was in pre match maybe aorund the same time and it was just like a real nightclub. Some guy pulling some bird on the dance floor before getting sparked out by someone else haha

I remember one time there was a group of local neds standing outside it when a couple of mates and I came out.

Central Park, Cowden.

The podium. A podium which stands for no purpose provided an entertaining night for me and a mate as Saints took on the Blue Brazil in the cup one cold winters evening.

During the match we spotted the unmanned podium so we left the terraces and made our way there. We climbed the rickety wooden steps and suddenly we were upon the podium looking over a floodlit central park in all its glory. It was special. The game was soon up for us though. As Cowdens keeper went for a goal kick, a loud "OOOHHHHHHHH" to put him off from my mate drew the attention of basically everyone in attendance that night. We could see the stewards had spotted us and they had walkie talkies to their mouths. "They're on the podium, I repeat they are on the podium" I could imagine them saying. We were ordered down from the podium and that was that. We went home after a 3-0 victory and unforgettable memories of the podium.

Seconded.  Great pictures from CityDave.  I can't watch ICT on the telly without looking behind that stand and shivering at the thought of the Moray Firth in the background!  When I last went past the ground a couple of years ago, there was nothing opposite the main stand - is there a new structure in the pipeline for there?

11 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

Seconded.  Great pictures from CityDave.  I can't watch ICT on the telly without looking behind that stand and shivering at the thought of the Moray Firth in the background!  When I last went past the ground a couple of years ago, there was nothing opposite the main stand - is there a new structure in the pipeline for there?

I mind that there was a terrace/standing area opposite the main stand previously (extended round behind the goals where the away stand is now). I recall standing on it in season 99/00 to see us up there.

It's been so long since I've been to that stadium that I can't recall if it's still there. If so, there's nothing to stop them opening it again.

17 hours ago, tree house tam said:

That's the one. Hedge was probably about same size but what the picture doesn't really show is the wee gaps near the bottom. Perfect for balls, not so much for decent sized humans.

It also doesn't show the smell generated by the chicken processing factory that wafted over Coupar Angus depending on which way the wind was blowing. Vomit.

Sorry ttd. Don't know how this quote found it's way in here and can't get rid of it. Just ignore it.

On 8/31/2016 at 23:56, tongue_tied_danny said:

I'm pretty sure the fence around the pitch at North End Juniors in Dundee was previously part of the Tay road bridge.

Edited by 7-2

7 minutes ago, doonhamer64 said:

No, don't think they're allowed to build there as it would be too close to a gas pipe running along side the A9. And shivering is sometimes the right word to use in the winter time.

Thanks btw

football travels Nov 08 to Apr 09 075.jpg