Today's scores

Hertha/BJFC1938

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arthurlie 0 v 4 Talbot
Great result for the Bot today. Totally in command from the start to finish.
Optimistic about this new defence line up. Looks confident and in control totally neutralising the Lie attack most of the time.
Looking forward to Beith on Wednesday

1 minute ago, ex-german exile said:

And next Saturday presumably.
Can't believe you guys have to play in the big Scottish. 2 preliminary rounds, WTF is that all about?

A complete joke and talbot and beith have beat the best junior teams in Scotland last season to " qualify " for the senior cup and need to play two preliminary ties now with the second one being against one another . 

Fair enough if it was the first round proper just like when we drew Linlithgow then there's no real complaints but having to play two preliminary ties means my interest in it has waned a good bit .

A complete joke and talbot and beith have beat the best junior teams in Scotland last season to " qualify " for the senior cup and need to play two preliminary ties now with the second one being against one another . 

Fair enough if it was the first round proper just like when we drew Linlithgow then there's no real complaints but having to play two preliminary ties means my interest in it has waned a good bit .

Totally agree. If you are unlucky enough to draw another junior side in a full draw, fair enough, but there are only six ties in the second round and six junior teams in the hat. Fucking pathetic.

Anyway, best of luck. Hope however wins gets a decent draw in the first round proper.

32 minutes ago, ex-german exile said:

Totally agree. If you are unlucky enough to draw another junior side in a full draw, fair enough, but there are only six ties in the second round and six junior teams in the hat. Fucking pathetic.

Anyway, best of luck. Hope however wins gets a decent draw in the first round proper.

Another thing as well and I've got lots of mates who play amateur so I've got nothing but respect for that grade but how can amateur clubs come into a SCOTTISH senior cup when they can't even fulfil a first round preliminary tie at their home ground ? 

Last year it was harestanes needing to go and play at kilsyths ground and this season it's Colville park playing at new Tinto park , surely there must be a very basic first preliminary round ground requirement and it makes a total mockery of the competition if you can't even host a first round prelim game at your home venue , yes in theory a junior team against an SPL team much further down the line could have to switch too but it's not at the very start of a tournament where a basic entry requirment should be met for me .( just my opinion though before hareskirky comes on cracking up ) ;) 

HB with a decent comment? Wtf [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, Bankie1965 said:

For mouthing off to the linesman

Didn't even know there were any sendings off till i got home n seen it on our facebook page, :lol:

Thought we done reasonably well considering the short space of time the lads have been together, just couldn't realy create anything for Vernon up front :(

37 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

If you want the benefits of the senior competitions you need to join the senior leagues. The Lowland League is a joke but that's the way it goes.

Apologies as this topic has been done to death.

58 minutes ago, ardeerultra said:

Lugar 0-7 Ardeer

It could have finished double figures. Ardeer missed a penalty and had another stonewall hand ball turned down and the Lugar no 3 should have been off for a last man foul half way through the first half.

Didn't even know there were any sendings off till i got home n seen it on our facebook page, :lol:

Thought we done reasonably well considering the short space of time the lads have been together, just couldn't realy create anything for Vernon up front [emoji20]

Vermin*

If you want the benefits of the senior competitions you need to join the senior leagues. The Lowland League is a joke but that's the way it goes.

It has mate lol. [emoji85]

Uefa seem to have moved the goalposts to suit the big 4 countries so it wouldn't be hard for the SFA to do likewise

Don't agree. If they don't want the juniors in the senior cup then don't invite us. But we are invited, and for the juniors then to have to go through two preliminary rounds with only the south of Scotland league and themselves for competition is pathetic.

Ants 2-0 gartcairn

After a very tough pre season and few harsh results in the sectional it was great to start the league with a win and a clean sheet for us. We are a whole club in transition ie new team management ect but we take away a lot of heart from today

Petershilll 6 Maryhill 0

Would have taken any sort of win just to get off to a good start so it was a big bonus to play fairly well, score 6, and keep a clean sheet. Alex Cassells scored 3 of them, with two excellent headers and a tap in for his third. A Luke Crerand double and a Jason Hardie shot right on time up completed the scoring.

Special mention to Maryhill's Jamie Docherty who wasn't on that long as a sub before getting a straight red for calling the ref "a baldy b*****d."

Does anyone know what happened in the Dalry game  for them to be winning 4-0 with 15 minutes to go only to be beaten 4-5 by kello rovers? 

Was impressed with Dalry when they played us and sod having them on your coupon , was there sending offs at 4-0 or something else that triggered it ?

Archived