US Open Tennis

lichtie23

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£6.99 a month is not bad if they have all those sports, but I'm pretty sure it comes as standard with the entertainment package on Sky and Virgin...hopefully this doesn't change in the next few years. No idea about other providers though.

We've definitely got it as part of our Sky package and we don't have movies or sports.

Iirc in 2012 I watched it all the way to the semis between Eurosport and dodgy Internet feeds, then when the final was delayed to the Monday I had to tap somebody's Sky log in so I could watch it on Sky Go at work.

Eurosport have always had the rights to the French Open, US Open and Australian Open.  Independent TV channels will then come to an arrangement with them to show it on their channels.  Sky terminated their right to the US Open currently.  BBC and ITV currently show the Australian and French respectively.  It will be up to them if they continue or not.

I normally always get the Eurosport player for the month of the Grand Slams (apart from Wimbledon).  You get all the courts and it's 6.99 for your thirty days.  It is certainly worth it for the Slams.

Yeah a second or two at most.  Commentators said Kyle had broken before Gasquet netted his shot.

Very frustrating as I like these commentators but it's no fun listening to it before the play has finished.

Edmund has been superb so far by the way

Kyle Edmund taking his forehand out to play and just destroying Gasquet with it to take the first set.  Hopefully he can continue like this.  He tends to hit the wall and the forehand starts to miss.

Kyle Edmund taking his forehand out to play and just destroying Gasquet with it to take the first set.  Hopefully he can continue like this.  He tends to hit the wall and the forehand starts to miss.

His forehand was awesome in the davis cup tie, albeit playing on clay gives him wee bit more time to spool up the power. If he can get to anything like murrays fitness levels he could do very well once the big 4 are out of the way.

His forehand was awesome in the davis cup tie, albeit playing on clay gives him wee bit more time to spool up the power. If he can get to anything like murrays fitness levels he could do very well once the big 4 are out of the way.

Would agree on the fitness, could do a lot worse than spending winter in Miami with Andy Murray. Because he's been involved in the Davis Cup for a few years I think people sometimes forget he is only 21.

Temperature in the 30s just now, that's going to hurt.

Would agree on the fitness, could do a lot worse than spending winter in Miami with Andy Murray. Because he's been involved in the Davis Cup for a few years I think people sometimes forget he is only 21.

Temperature in the 30s just now, that's going to hurt.

Good shout re training with Murray. He is a one in a century type player murray and having him as a mentor / role model should be the intention of any ambitious young player. Edmund seems to have the weaponry and the temperament to compete at the top level. He should milk murray for every particle of advice.

Archived