Stranraer v Dumbarton - Irn Bru Cup

Nowhereman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going.
Although we beat Dumbarton pre season I think we'll struggle.
Defence looked a bit more steady first half last week as did the midfield. Both became overrun second half.
A lot of players involved who'll know quite a bit about their opponents as ex team mates.
Hopefully another win to boost the confidence and an away trip to Northern Ireland in the next round.

What's the closest thing to a fringe team we could start with?

Mark Brown 

Craig Pettigrew Darren Barr Frazer Wright

Amadou Kassarate Sam Stanton Grant Gallagher Mark Docherty David Smith

Josh Todd Donald McCallum

Stick out something like that Stevie. Or play yourself and Faz. Or the U17s. Or Cedrick. It's only fair given he'll be lonely on the terracing. Hopefully we'll get papped out in 90 minutes without any injuries so we can focus on the real stuff.

Stranraer 3 (Gibson, Nade, Agnew) Dumbarton 1 (Gallagher - loves scoring in Cup games).

All Dumbarton supporters pretending lack of interest, and Stevie trying to lower expectations. 

They all know that every time, that I can remember, that Dumbarton have played us in about the last 3 years,

we've gubbed them. 

Not so sure this time round, but we'll see. 

I go for 1 - 1.

2 minutes ago, beefybake said:

All Dumbarton supporters pretending lack of interest, and Stevie trying to lower expectations. 

They all know that every time, that I can remember, that Dumbarton have played us in about the last 3 years,

we've gubbed them. 

I go for 1 - 1.

Every time you've played us in my lifetime you've pretty much gubbed us :lol:

Check out my posts elsewhere about this competition - Christ I even had an article in the paper up here tearing into the new competition! I genuinely do not care and I hope every single club treats it with contempt. 

5 minutes ago, beefybake said:

we've gubbed them. 

I go for 1 - 1.

Pretending? It wouldn't have mattered who we were playing tomorrow, I wouldn't be going and I wouldn't care if you won 10-0.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I hope every single club treats it with contempt. 

We will be treating it seriously.

9 minutes ago, optimistic said:

What happens if it is a draw? Extra time? Penalties? Replay? Absolutely not going, but definitely interested in the score as always, we're definitely looking better, and definitely due a win against stranraer, Mon eh sons

Extra time and penalties if necessary.

Archived