Clyde vs Arbroath

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

I just googled it there and the top four links conclude that playing on artificial pitches does not increase the number of injuries.

Have a look at this. I guess you'll know better though.

Having seen one of Cowden's best young prospect suffering a knee injury on a plastic pitch which finished his career I'm sure you'll understand the concern.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/29549466

Selective googling it seems.

Nice Highlight package up on the Clyde Website - http://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/

I don't think Robbie deserve the stick he is getting.  The first he had 3 players in his way, the other 2 were defensive errors, plus he pulled off some other cracking saves.  We almost snuck a draw with the last kick of the ball too, Gold wasn't far away.

18 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Having seen one of Cowden's best young prospect suffering a knee injury on a plastic pitch which finished his career I'm sure you'll understand the concern.

Looks for conclusive evidence and posts a link which includes the line "there have been no studies on long term injuries". Keep trying!

Nice Highlight package up on the Clyde Website - http://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/

I don't think Robbie deserve the stick he is getting.  The first he had 3 players in his way, the other 2 were defensive errors, plus he pulled off some other cracking saves.  We almost snuck a draw with the last kick of the ball too, Gold wasn't far away.

I think he should be saving the first one, similar to Henderson's goal for Stirling a few weeks ago. The second goal he gets caught in no mans land and would've saved it had he stayed on his line. The third is a decent strike but again I think a decent keeper would be saving that. I can remember him making one decent save, but any other time he parried it straight out in to dangerous areas. Happened at least twice in the first half.

Think we were a tad unlucky not to take something from the game on the balance of play, scored two really well constructed goals but gave away cheap goals. 

The first one was a clear goalkeeping error yet again, 2nd the guy has out jumped 2 or 3 defenders and the 3rd is just laughable. A great finish but we should be dealing with a long punt up the park like that a lot better. 

Would be tempted to just stick with that back four for a few games and see if they can get some consistency instead of chopping and changing again

Type "research injuries on plastic pitches versus grass" then check the top four links. I got fed up after that but am sure you can keeping till you get one that agrees either your opinion.

10 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You try googling research and you'll find out soon enough. Why aren't the world's best players allowed to play on plastic?

Oh there is such a thing as a " classic plastic pitch twisting " injury! Well I never.

Not that Forfar have a plastic bag pitch eh?

No there isn't, it's a myth hence the brackets.  Tends to be perpetuated by people that either don't believe current scientific research or can't be bothered actually looking properly.

Actually it turns out that it's Nike boots that cause the problems, here's the link to the proof (if you want to propagate more bollocks).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3274555/Six-Premier-League-stars-ruled-cruciate-injuries-wore-Nike-boots-experts-claim-unhappy-coincidence.html

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Think we were a tad unlucky not to take something from the game on the balance of play, scored two really well constructed goals but gave away cheap goals. 

The first one was a clear goalkeeping error yet again, 2nd the guy has out jumped 2 or 3 defenders and the 3rd is just laughable. A great finish but we should be dealing with a long punt up the park like that a lot better. 

Would be tempted to just stick with that back four for a few games and see if they can get some consistency instead of chopping and changing again

Why is it every or almost every goal the team you support is a good one and everyone against awful defending!!! 

Gibson had nothing to do yesterday, Mutch was by far the busier keeper - yet I can say that it's the first game this season the possession was more even. Totally deserving winners though. 

Maybe because both of our goals were well-worked and the ones we conceded we could've defended better?

Yeah and looking at the highlights the Clyde player Flynn played a great one two with ur guys to set up the goal...

Both sides scored one good goal and we also got a set piece, which despite frustrating everyone is something that will happen no matter how much you practice.

Linn's goal is caused by Flynn giving the ball away with a poor touch, followed by a lucky deflection and a weak challenge. In no way is it well worked apart from the finish.

Mon da Clyde is correct. Every goal your team scores is a cracker (except against Cowden), everyone you concede is bad defending.

Both sides scored one good goal and we also got a set piece, which despite frustrating everyone is something that will happen no matter how much you practice.

Linn's goal is caused by Flynn giving the ball away with a poor touch, followed by a lucky deflection and a weak challenge. In no way is it well worked apart from the finish.

Mon da Clyde is correct. Every goal your team scores is a cracker (except against Cowden), everyone you concede is bad defending.

I thought the first arbroath goal was really well worked the ball did spin right into the boys path the second yes you could find fault but linn is a great player at this level

Thought the football in the first half from both teams was good to watch
See fans on here saying Easton is frustrating doesn't release the ball well if you don't enjoy having a player of that quality at the club then it's time we all packed it in maybe they would rather have Stuart Kettlewell in midfield . Easton is worth the admission fee alone
Think Johnston is a really good addition great at driving forward
Flynn is making some smashing runs ahead of the strikers and will score a good few for us
The defence does look a bit shakey but we are a very forward thinking team and most of our problems are teams hitting us on the break
Gibson better second half but you can see our defenders don't know if he is coming for a ball or not
Still think we need an organiser at the back hopefully Perry can come in and firm up the defence

All in all the football is the best in years

Most goals scored in the history of football could have been defended better, just the way fans of teams see things isn't it. Everybody is the same.

Now is the opportunity for Flynn to show what he is capable of. I do think that Easton "cramps his style". Not that I'm complaining about Easton. He's a joy to watch.

Gibson needs to be more vocal as often the defenders are unsure of what action to take.
I think he also needs to come and take the pressure off defenders when they're chasing the ball over the top. He often stays on his line rather than coming to collect.

In saying that, I don't think I've seen any impressive goalkeepers this season from any team. Perhaps we were spoiled by Aldo Martin and this is the real standard of goalkeeper in this league.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Most goals scored in the history of football could have been defended better, just the way fans of teams see things isn't it. Everybody is the same.

Every goal in history, except set piece goals. 

Archived