Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

12 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Tim Martin, the Wetherspoons owner has printed beermats claiming that food & drink will be much cheaper after brexit.

It's a pity I suppose that all the food economists disagree!

Might be something in that - demand for booze will skyrocket, I suspect, as there'll be quite a steady increase in people turning to alcohol in post-Brexit Britain

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Might be something in that - demand for booze will skyrocket, I suspect, as there'll be quite a steady increase in people turning to alcohol in post-Brexit Britain

Maybe! But it's more likely to be home brewed moonshine!!!

If you think the ailment is bad just wait until you have to deal with the withdrawal symptoms.  :rolleyes:

2fa32d727218c65989b3b57e24e9f8bb.jpg

You're cho-king-me. You're cho-king me.

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.

Love that guy.

1 hour ago, mjw said:

188e3da9fffb7b7bbb00cc194eb9300a.jpg
Carlisle there that voted 60-40 for brexit.

They didn't want no stinking tyre factory. They want borders, dammit - except on their doorstep.

Btw, "my dream is to bring tyre production to Carlisle and Cumbria"? Some might call that a pretty corny dream, uh ... sergeant.

Edited by Antlion

They’ll soon tyre of these issues, want to rubber the result and rebuild a wheel relationship with the EU.

Sorry. :(

ETA  historically 2016 will not go down as a Goodyear.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Lol. Because free trade has been great for the British worker over the past 100 years

And so you're suggesting the UK should be dissolved? After all, as a union it promotes free trade between its member nations.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 04:13, Antlion said:

And so you're suggesting the UK should be dissolved? After all, as a union it promotes free trade between its member nations.

Free trade isn't a problem between countries of similar economics / political culture who are getting along. Mexico is the problem with NAFTA, not Canada.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:36, Billy Jean King said:

The ones queing outside my local one at 10.55 every morning will never have heard of Brexit I would hazard a guess. Total rockets mad for whatever pish brew is being sold at sub £2 a pint.

Why are they queuing outside when they all open at 08.00 for food?

58 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Free trade isn't a problem between countries of similar economics / political culture who are getting along. Mexico is the problem with NAFTA, not Canada.

So the UK should join the USA? After all, we have a "special relationship", a shared history, and you seem to think that it's fine for "free trade" to involve incorporating political union...