Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

You're slipping Dave. You seem to have slid from troll to bitter-labour-fanboy mode here. 
Arseholes like the Daily Heil or the Express making up ludicrous stories about Corbyn is hardly new tbh. They were denouncing him for all sorts of made up shite well before the GE, in fact almost from him first being elected Labour leader. Corbyn's only (very faint) hope is for May's government to implode, even then he's going to have to go cap in hand to the other parties for support, which will be quite good fun. 
(BTW, success isn't a delusion when you've won pretty much every available election since 2007)

Aye I'm in a bad mood humour bypass mode today. I will lighten it up by admitting a minority Labour Govt supported by a Rainbow Coalition including said Nats would be acceptable to me and borderline joyful even.

57 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

He's shite. He couldn't displace the most vicious Tory party in decades, or get perhaps the most inept PM in living memory out of No10, hilariously due in part to the Northern Branch Office promoting tactical anti-SNP voting which of course handed the Scottish Tories a few vital seats emoji38.png

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of the SNP's party machine or message if they were merked by Douglas Ross, Kirstene Hair and a tactical voting campaign that did the square root of f**k all the last time it was brought out.

That's hardly a ringing endorsement of the SNP's party machine or message if they were merked by Douglas Ross, Kirstene Hair and a tactical voting campaign that did the square root of f**k all the last time it was brought out.

Ah but you see the likes of Kirstene Hair is other peoples fault nothing to do with the SNP totally misjudging how much they were pissing people off. It's the thick voters,other parties etc etc's fault. No need to look any deeper.

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

The SNP win elections champ, 8 in a row now.  If I was a labour fanboy that would make me wind my neck in.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

That champ patter from anyone sincerely pretending they’re an adult gives me a head cold.

I notice you went all quiet about labours lies yesterday champ.  You didn't answer, can the SNP 'end' austerity?  Do Labours budget proposals do that? 

And did labour support or oppose Scotland getting the powers to prevent austerity in the first place and end it now?

I notice you went all quiet about labours lies yesterday champ.  You didn't answer, can the SNP 'end' austerity?  Do Labours budget proposals do that? 
And did labour support or oppose Scotland getting the powers to prevent austerity in the first place and end it now?

Nobody went quiet on anything it just seems that you can’t read or understanding anything without spitting venom when a party you support takes a slagging.

The SNP can halt austerity in this country yes and I think the fact that it took the Greens giving them a kick up the arse to do more than the bare minimum is a sign that they’re not as ruthlessly committed to ending it as their rhetoric suggests. I think Labour believe they could end austerity if they held power in both parliaments, aye.

You can argue all day over what the meaning of “halt” exactly entails like you argue that fleeing the country isn’t craven but there’s ongoing real terms cuts happening that the SNP didn’t want to and haven’t addressed adequately.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Nobody went quiet on anything it just seems that you can’t read or understanding anything without spitting venom when a party you support takes a slagging.

The SNP can halt austerity in this country yes and I think the fact that it took the Greens giving them a kick up the arse to do more than the bare minimum is a sign that they’re not as ruthlessly committed to ending it as their rhetoric suggests. I think Labour believe they could end austerity if they held power in both parliaments, aye.

You can argue all day over what the meaning of “halt” exactly entails like you argue that fleeing the country isn’t craven but there’s ongoing real terms cuts happening that the SNP didn’t want to and haven’t addressed adequately.

Not sure I will bother reading any more of your posts after that.

Not sure I will bother reading any more of your posts after that.

So the SNP couldn’t have addressed the real terms budget cuts in their last budget? Why did they propose a budget that had to be amended fairly significantly for Greens support?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-trade-deal-eu-leave-uk-economy-liam-fox-martin-donnelly-international-trade-a8230246.html

Liked this quote.

Liam Fox's call to leave the European customs union to make free trade deals with countries further afield is like "giving up a three-course meal now in favour of the promise of a packet of crisps", the Government's former top trade official has said.

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

So the SNP couldn’t have addressed the real terms budget cuts in their last budget? Why did they propose a budget that had to be amended fairly significantly for Greens support?

You wrote “the SNP can halt austerity in this country”; that is the bit I highlighted and took issue with.

It’s a nonsense statement given their very limited taxation powers.

You wrote “the SNP can halt austerity in this country”; that is the bit I highlighted and took issue with.
It’s a nonsense statement given their very limited taxation powers.

To avoid an Ad Lib style discussion over the exact meaning of halt I’ll rephrase it for your benefit: The SNP aren’t as interested in addressing austerity in this country as they claim as evidenced by them not doing anywhere near as much as they could without outside pressure. I’d be interested in hearing you challenge that.

To avoid an Ad Lib style discussion over the exact meaning of halt I’ll rephrase it for your benefit: The SNP aren’t as interested in addressing austerity in this country as they claim as evidenced by them not doing anywhere near as much as they could without outside pressure. I’d be interested in hearing you challenge that.

Does this mean we have to have an Ad Lib style discussion over the exact meaning of “austerity” instead?

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Does this mean we have to have an Ad Lib style discussion over the exact meaning of “austerity” instead?

Lock yourself in, baby! We're about to get down for a week long linguistics seminar.

Lock yourself in, baby! We're about to get down for a week long linguistics seminar.

Cool. I’m up for that

Because I thought “Austerity” in this context referred specifically to the UKs choice to clamp down on public spending in the aftermath of the credit crunch in order to limit the rise in borrowing. A policy which either ignores or accepts the risk of deepening and lengthening the depression by restricting demand.

In which case it (“Austerity”) is by definition a monetary policy decision and out of Holyrood’s remit.

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Cool. I’m up for that

Because I thought “Austerity” in this context referred specifically to the UKs choice to clamp down on public spending in the aftermath of the credit crunch. A policy which either ignores or accepts the risk of deepening and lengthening the depression by restricting demand.

In which case it (“Austerity”) is by definition a monetary policy decision and out of Holyrood’s remit.

They had the option for more public spending by raising income tax and unfreezing council tax but refused to do so for years.