Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

11 hours ago, Cerberus said:

DedxbbaWsAA_gQo.jpg:large

Chin up lads.
It could be worse., you could have the Bubonic plague.

I’m happy with the Bubonic plague as long as a good old British one.  

I certainly  wouldn’t want any of these foreign, inferior Bubonic plagues.  Dirty nasty things.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m happy with the Bubonic plague as long as a good old British one.  

I certainly  wouldn’t want any of these foreign, inferior Bubonic plagues.  Dirty nasty things.

Bloody foreign bubonic plague. Coming over here. Killing off our people. Decimating our villages.

So, not all bad then.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.nature.scot/professional-advice/land-and-sea-management/managing-land/farming-and-crofting/types-farming/hill-farming

Fifty-five per cent of Scotland’s agricultural land is dedicated to upland sheep farming and mixed sheep and beef cattle farming.

Upland sheep farming is a complete waste of time and only exists to draw subsidies for Tory land owners.

There has to be a distinction between grassy hills and genuine arable land.

France's Q1 growth was revised downwards to 0.2% so not so different from the UK.

The primary problem isn't Brexit it's a broken economic model which has been artificially propped up by QE and low interest rates for a decade. Keep your eyes open for the 15 second news bulletin later where the BBC mention that plans to unwind QE have been temporarily delayed.....

43 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Upland sheep farming is a complete waste of time and only exists to draw subsidies for Tory land owners.

There has to be a distinction between grassy hills and genuine arable land.

I don't need your brainless pish so you're going on ignore.

37 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I, for one, welcome economic lectures from a failed solicitor who fucked his money into Northern Rock emoji38.png

Are we talking about pencil boy who claimed it was absurd to suggest the Tories would hold a Brexit referendum, when arguing a No indy vote was the only way for Scotland to be in the EU? Quite the Nostradamus. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

Are we talking about pencil boy who claimed it was absurd to suggest the Tories would hold a Brexit referendum, when arguing a No indy vote was the only way for Scotland to be in the EU? Quite the Nostradamus. [emoji38]
And not forgetting his bold prediction of the SNP returning MPs in the single figures in the 2015 GE [emoji38]

33 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-theresa-may-extra-transition-2023-eu-northern-ireland-backstop-a8367106.html

Full Brexit set to take seven years as Theresa May seeks extra transition period

I think we're entering the purgatory phase.

The key aspect of this scenario is that there will be a further General Election during this period.  

The political parties will be obliged to include proposals in their manifestos on the way forward; I think they would need to be specific and I think they would come under greater scrutiny than most GE political commitments.

Labour will be under greater pressure than the Tories; any waffle by Corbyn would be exposed.  There is already pressure coming from his core for a democratically decided policy position.

A GE could be the salvation of the Lib Dems who I think would have a cohesive policy.  However under the FPTP system a strong LD showing could lead to a Tory majority.

The wild card will be UKIP.  If the Tory policy is a watered down Brexit I could see UKIP winning support despite being a complete shambles.  This will apply pressure on the Tories.

ETA the SNP may well claw back some losses too.

Edited by Granny Danger

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Too wee and stupid, that's what you're really saying.
Ireland far outperforming UK, no oil etc etc but some want us shackled to a defunct UK.....

I don't understand what you mean with the too wee, too stupid comment?

Ireland's GDP is inflated by their choice to be a tax shelter for American corporations in the EU. Irish GDP increased by 26% in 2015 because they were forced to include the activity of companies head quartered there. For example Facebook paid 30 Million Euro tax on 12 Billion Euro income. There are thousands of American companies doing the same thing.  This is not an economic model that Scotland can or should want to follow and the EU commission is already in the process of cracking down on it.