Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Brexit is beginning to ominously resemble the summer of 1939 when families in SE England picnicked happily below RAF planes as Hitler's PanzerCorps prepared to career across Central Europe.  Substitute Liam Fox for Neville Chamberlain, and a waved Trade Agreement over a Peace Accord and it gets more worrying still.

How ironic it would be if falling off the Brexit cliff into No Deal territory sees the gentle'Countryfile' world of UK agriculture plunged into an existential crisis, and those stalwart Tory farmers royally shafted in the process.  Ditto fishing, manufacturing and just about every other area of economic activity save for the City of London.

Brexit is beginning to ominously resemble the summer of 1939 when families in SE England picnicked happily below RAF planes as Hitler's PanzerCorps prepared to career across Central Europe.  Substitute Liam Fox for Neville Chamberlain, and a waved Trade Agreement over a Peace Accord and it gets more worrying still.
How ironic it would be if falling off the Brexit cliff into No Deal territory sees the gentle'Countryfile' world of UK agriculture plunged into an existential crisis, and those stalwart Tory farmers royally shafted in the process.  Ditto fishing, manufacturing and just about every other area of economic activity save for the City of London.

17235.jpg

On 8/2/2018 at 14:14, Granny Danger said:

Unless Johnson ends up as Health Secretary; then it will be “F*ck off Timmy, there’s no medicine”.

"Oh... you're foreign? No health service for you then"

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Bit on the radio this morning saying travel operators estimating a 25% increase in the cost of holidays in Europe if No Deal Brexit goes ahead.  :lol:

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Bit on the radio this morning saying travel operators estimating a 25% increase in the cost of holidays in Europe if No Deal Brexit goes ahead.  emoji38.png

Fly from Ireland

Nothing to do with where you fly from (I appreciate you're probably being facetious).

At the moment, staff working in Europe for UK companies work under UK law/conditions, have UK employer insurance, etc, as per freedom of movement agreement. 

If No Deal, this ends, and each employee will have to be either employed via the visa process, which is more costly in both time and money, under the laws of the country they are working in, or else the companies will stop using UK staff, and employ more local reps instead (which will cost more in customer goodwill as not only do they find that the people staying in foreign countries are, well, foreign, so are their tour reps too).

Edited by Boghead ranter

Nothing to do with where you fly from (I appreciate you're probably being facetious).
At the moment, staff working in Europe for UK companies work under UK law/conditions, have UK employer insurance, etc, as per freedom of movement agreement. 
If No Deal, this ends, and each employee will have to be either employed via the visa process, which is more costly in both time and money, under the laws of the country they are working in, or else the companies will stop using UK staff, and employ more local reps instead (which will cost more in customer goodwill as not only do they find that the people staying in foreign countries are, well, foreign, so are their tour reps too).

Don’t forget that the pound will tank again.

Simon Calder's view on holidays after Brexit
http://www.simoncalder.co.uk/travel-faqs/brexit-mean-travellers/

Interesting point about the Driving Licence. Will we be getting blue ones of them too? I just checked mine there and it’s an affront to the Bulldog British spirit. Churchill must be spinning in his grave.

26 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Interesting point about the Driving Licence. Will we be getting blue ones of them too? I just checked mine there and it’s an affront to the Bulldog British spirit. Churchill must be spinning in his grave.

We better go back the A4 sized paper driving licence. 

That's the Brexit dividend I want to see.

1 hour ago, Blue-Toon said:

Simon Calder's view on holidays after Brexit

http://www.simoncalder.co.uk/travel-faqs/brexit-mean-travellers/

I would have imagined that someone who makes a living writing about travel would have had a bit more knowledge of the new EU visa system shortly to be rolled out. UK travel to the EU will require one.

Edited by git-intae-thum

I would have imagined that someone who makes a living writing about travel would have had a bit more knowledge of the new EU visa system shortly to be rolled out. UK travel to the EU will require one.
Its an old article or its very similiar to one i noticed a couple of years ago

51 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Look at the state (empire state) of this arsehole and his creepy family?

This guy still thinks it's the 1800s.

Where the f**k is Godzilla when you need him?

8 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Look at the state (empire state) of this arsehole and his creepy family?

This guy still thinks it's the 1800s.

What's with the huge Navy buttons? I realise as a UKIP boy he has to wear a blazer but that's just weird. Like whirling tassels from his pierced nipples.  Wid not.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:
Screenshot_20180808-143428_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.0e192b84bb06cc8784901a08451fb842.jpgWhat's all the fuss about?
Deary me

Ah man its says pto have you not got the other side it ma y contain factual truthful information

Sorry my Brexit voting mate only wanted me to see this.

It must be true though it's on FB