Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/312985/uk-holidaymakers-to-europe-could-face-7-fee

British holidaymakers wanting to visit Europe after Brexit reportedly face a €7 fee and an online application process after the government outlined new immigration rules yesterday.

Europeans wanting to visit Britain on holiday would have to submit to security and criminal records checks before they arrive in the country under a plan announced by prime minister Theresa May at the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham.

However, The Times quoted sources in Europe as saying that this would automatically result in British citizens having to participate in the European Union’s new travel authorisation system, which is due to come into effect in 2021.

British citizens would have to apply online before travelling and pay a €7 fee for authorisation lasting up to three years. The system is similar to that used in the US.

“The new migration regime is for the UK to set,” an EU source said after May’s round of broadcast interviews. “We have two principles in this – reciprocity and also non-discrimination between EU nationals.”

The European parliament’s Brexit co-ordinator, Guy Verhofstadt, dismissed parts of the plan, outlined by home secretary Sajid Javid, under which low-skilled EU citizens would be excluded from coming to work in the UK.

Carolyn Fairbairn, director-general of the CBI, also criticised the plan and said: “Restricting access to the workers the UK needs is self-defeating. By dismissing the importance of low-skilled workers to the economy, the government risks harming businesses and living standards now and in the future.”

Retailers argued that immigration policy should not differentiate between high-skilled and low-skilled workers.

Ministers are expected to publish a white paper in the coming weeks in readiness for an immigration bill next year, setting out details of how the new system will work.

First comment

Carolyn Fairbairn of the CBI is only worried about the posability that its members will NOT be able to have CHEAP waged Employees from EU countrys.

Natch.

Wonder how strictly they will screen the visa applications. If its USA levels it will be interesting.
Could be a lot of dimwit brexiteers who are gonnae be raging when they find out they have voted to ban themselves from Benidorm due to previous indiscretions.
My cousin and his mate were up from Herts at the weekend. Both voted for Brexit, one admitted to a protest vote, but both now have Buyers Regret. We quickly got off the subject and back to the ale.

4 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Wonder how strictly they will screen the visa applications. If its USA levels it will be interesting.

Could be a lot of dimwit brexiteers who are gonnae be raging when they find out they have voted to ban themselves from Benidorm due to previous indiscretions.

Image result for pleasure overload bart gif

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
5 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

My cousin and his mate were up from Herts at the weekend. Both voted for Brexit, one admitted to a protest vote, but both now have Buyers Regret. We quickly got off the subject and back to the ale.

I've been threatened with being banned from my local if I mention the B word again.

Most of the regulars there voted to leave - mainly because they hate Pakistanis.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
44 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I've been threatened with being banned from my local if I mention the B word again.
Most of the regulars there voted to leave - mainly because they hate Pakistanis.

You live in middle England?

or Rotheram or somewhere in Northern England

On 23/12/2017 at 19:01, Jacksgranda said:

I probably didn't have a passport until the blue ones were abolished by EU diktak done away with, I honestly don't remember the blue ones.

Sorry to bump this but if you feel you've been overlooked for the job of making statements on behalf of Sellick then it's entirely down to this gaffe...

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You live in middle England?

3 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

or Rotheram or somewhere in Northern England

ICTJohnboy

Gold Members

13,303 posts

My Team : Inverness Caley Thistle

search.jpg.7c462f36fe7576515ceb6438561ccd81.thumb.jpg.22ddcf679a605aef643b379d5779f401.jpg
Gold Members

13,303 posts

My Team : Inverness Caley Thistle

Should just print out flyers about all the reasons why this will be a disaster, and fling them into the place. Take the banning with pride in the knowledge you won’t be in the same vicinity as those types of c***s.

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:08, lichtgilphead said:

My main ambition is to dress my son like a cùnt and photograph him at the top of the Empire State Building.

I'm on the mobile. Can someone post the Rees Mogg holiday snap please.

Tourist Mogg.jpg

14 hours ago, Jambo99 said:

I'm guessing you are a Scottish nationalist

Nah.  I am an out and out conservative.  After all here is a picture I took when I was in New York with my good friend Jacob and his family.

Not exactly sure what happened next or the rest of that day.  All a bit of a blur.

Edited by Fullerene

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Thanks... I've always found the Guardian to be one of the more acceptable broadsheets.

Quote :

"The SNP, which is run by Sturgeon’s husband, Peter Murrell, has decided there will be no debate on independence or Brexit at this year’s conference, but the first minister will need to face down demands from hardline independence activists and some MPs and MSPs to launch a second independence campaign soon"

What the f**k will they be discussing and/or debating?

Is it common knowledge that Peter Murrell "Runs the SNP?" 

Also from the Guardian

President Macron has stepped up attempts to attract UK-based carmakers to France with a private dinner at the Elysée Palace, following their growing concerns about a botched Brexit deal.

The heads of Renault Nissan, Vauxhall and Jaguar Land Rover are understood to have been among executives invited to a dinner last week, where the president warned against growing nationalism around the world and said he was making France more business friendly. It is the latest sign Macron is trying to attract firms nervous about the uncertainty created by Brexit. Three French ministers also took part in the dinner, with the organisers ensuring that companies with major UK operations were represented.