Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

People to me: "How can you live in that country, with it's horrific government and indifference to human life?"

Me: 

The U.K. would have to fall significantly further to be on a par with the U.S.

25 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tim Martin sticking his oar in again.

The only man who is a bigger c**t than James Dyson.

Just do what I've done - bar yourself from Wetherspoons.  I get the price attraction for many people, but if you  can afford to, then hit Martin where it counts.  And for those who worry about the staff jobs, how many have his soulless barns sucked out of our cities and towns ?

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just do what I've done - bar yourself from Wetherspoons.  I get the price attraction for many people, but if you  can afford to, then hit Martin where it counts.  And for those who worry about the staff jobs, how many have his soulless barns sucked out of our cities and towns ?

The most powerful three sentences in the history of the nano-second you posted them. Probably

Scottish Nationalist activism is the worlds best activism. 

Edited by Jambo99

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe not exactly Brexit but why doesn’t the EU apply pressure to Hungary, their latest attack on the homeless is surely a violation of human rights.

Doesn't help when the Tories join up with UKIP to back them in the European Parliament. Apparently Orban is switching to attacking the homeless because Muslim immigrant bashing is falling a bit flat as there aren't any.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/oct/10/hungary-homeless-fear-they-are-viktor-orban-next-target

On 09/10/2018 at 06:33, Detournement said:

Ash Sarkar occasionally tweets about nationalising Wetherspoons. 

Hopefully it's in the next Labour manifesto.

If there were to be state run network drinking facilities implemented by a nightmarish neosoviet beurocratic control economy they would probably take Wetherspoons as their template.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Good read.  The bit about the Speaker towards the end confirms my understanding of wether Parliament will be given a final say; a bizarre situation.  Tried to access the bit about 30 Labour MPs willing to support May but it’s behind a paywall.

The Democratic Unionist Party's 10 Westminster MPs are planning to vote down the Budget later this month if they are unhappy about the government's Brexit plans, the BBC understands.

Theresa May relies on DUP support in key votes because she does not have a majority in the House of Commons.

But the DUP could abandon this deal if Brexit means new barriers between Northern Ireland and Great Britain, Newsnight's Nick Watt said.

Are they threatening to give the £1billion back as well?