Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

15 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

Is Canada Agreement not a goods only trade deal?

That makes sense when we're pretty much a services economy.

A point that has been continually made yet ignored by the Brexiteers is that in some key industries, for example aerospace, goods and services are interdependent and therefore indivisible.

Selling someone a complexly engineered product without being able to offer the support service makes no practical sense.

The unwillingness of those in industry who understand this reality to be more vocal in voicing this to their Tory chums is frustrating.

35 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

David Davis is on it.

Get a +++ trade deal with Canada and we’re done.

Squirming to avoid saying that Canada plus wasn't what we were promised but we'll just have to live with it. Note 2017 and "subsequent".

wed1.thumb.JPG.3b985d9918d7ae9d03781466cbb56780.JPG

wed2.JPG.56ce762499b53d3113cc67f499649b75.JPG

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

A point that has been continually made yet ignored by the Brexiteers is that in some key industries, for example aerospace, goods and services are interdependent and therefore indivisible.

Selling someone a complexly engineered product without being able to offer the support service makes no practical sense.

The unwillingness of those in industry who understand this reality to be more vocal in voicing this to their Tory chums is frustrating.

Aren't you a Scottish Nationalist? 

4 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

Aren't you a Scottish Nationalist? 

When have the SNP argued against a Customs Union and Single Market? Bit feeble mate. 

Is your red monkey pal joining us again tonight, it's that time?

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

When have the SNP argued against a Customs Union and Single Market? Bit feeble mate.

1- I wasn't asking you. I was asking Granny Danger. 

2- The SNP argue against a customs union and a single market by  wanting to leave the UK. 

3- Not only a customs union and a single market, but a shared welfare/benefits system and pensions, and currency. 

4- are you the non-feeble person in your community? I have a spare fiver, id like to buy your land. 

Edited by Jambo99

Barnier giving May’s proposals a hard time.  This is like the exciting climax of a political thriller except for the bit where it’s real and we have to live with the consequences.

Except with most political thrillers there's a twist and we don't quite know how it's going to finish - we know exactly where Maybot's proposals are going to end up - straight down the shitter.

1- I wasn't asking you. I was asking Granny Danger. 
2- The SNP argue against a customs union and a single market by  wanting to leave the UK. 
3- Not only a customs union and a single market, but a shared welfare/benefits system and pensions, and currency. 
4- are you the non-feeble person in your community? I have a spare fiver, id like to buy your land. 

Do you post on here after your parents go to bed and you’ve done your homework?