Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

Guinness was invented in Dublin when they were still under the occupation of the "Great British Empire". So knowing this nobend, he probably considers it to be a British invention.

He’d have a point

In terms of your narrative Arthur Guinness was one of the colonial elite rather than one of the oppressed natives

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He’d have a point

In terms of your narrative Arthur Guinness was one of the colonial elite rather than one of the oppressed natives

Of course he was. His business would never have taken off otherwise.

Watching a Country Make a Fool of Itself

No country in the world has cultivated arrogance the way Britain has. But the sad truth is: The former global power can't even find its way to the door without tripping over its feet.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-talks-watching-a-country-make-a-fool-of-itself-a-1234143.html

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

So the Brexit deal is “95% in place”.

If I took the spark plugs out of my car the engine would still be 99.9% in place but it wouldn’t be going anywhere.

At one stage during the Second World War, the Nazis had captured 95% of Stalingrad.  Not sure how that is entirely relevant but I will get back to you on that. 

Just now, Fullerene said:

At one stage during the Second World War, the Nazis had captured 95% of Stalingrad.  Not sure how that is entirely relevant but I will get back to you on that. 

Best one I heard was a guy claiming that 95% of the Titanic’s journey was successful.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

The Nazis were less than 20 miles away from Moscow and still failed. Being close to something is worth nothing if you cannot finish the job.

3 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

How do we think Theresa will get on at the 1922 Commitee meeting on Wednesday?

There are reports that 41 of the 48 letters of no confidence have already been submitted...

Is that 95%?