Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Or 500k people on pointless walk in London.

Maybe you would prefer this one in this afternoon in Harrogate :

Join Kate Hoey MP, Owen Paterson MP, and Nigel Farage MEP as they unite to rescue Brexit.

Show your support for the Brexit Britain voted for.

Just now, John Lambies Doos said:
3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Why pointless? 

Because it will make no difference. Completely pointless

People were raving on here about the recent indy marches. I was in London during the Poll Tax protests, they worked and led to the the overthrow of Thatcher. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

People were raving on here about the recent indy marches. I was in London during the Poll Tax protests, they worked and led to the the overthrow of Thatcher. 

That was back at a time when protests were taken seriously. Now it's just a case of shutting protesters up by arresting several people involved. The next step will be to shoot on sight.

7 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

That was back at a time when protests were taken seriously. Now it's just a case of shutting protesters up by arresting several people involved. The next step will be to shoot on sight.

That worked well on Bloody Sunday...

I certainly never raved about the indy marches. Think I'm on record saying they are a tad cringey but still voting yes. With regards to protest marches, the biggest by far this century was against an illegal Iraq war not a democratic decision (brexit). Even at this, f**k all happened. Waste of shoe leather today I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Make the protests big enough so they're impossible to ignore and people will be reminded that there is an alternative, and will swing the polls and push the politicians into action if they want to save their jobs. Apathy is corrosive to democracy.

Just now, welshbairn said:

Make the protests big enough so they're impossible to ignore and people will be reminded that there is an alternative, and will swing the polls and push the politicians into action if they want to save their jobs. Apathy is corrosive to democracy.

The protests will never be big enough these days. People have become far too docile. They spend all of their energy getting outraged on social media and internet forums and those who don't use the internet have succumb to mainstream propaganda.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The protests will never be big enough these days. People have become far too docile. They spend all of their energy getting outraged on social media and internet forums and those who don't use the internet have succumb to mainstream propaganda.

And persuading others on Social Media that protest is futile.

16 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I certainly never raved about the indy marches. Think I'm on record saying they are a tad cringey but still voting yes. With regards to protest marches, the biggest by far this century was against an illegal Iraq war not a democratic decision (brexit). Even at this, f**k all happened. Waste of shoe leather today I'm afraid.

Yeah I’m sure you bumping your gums on a football forum is far more effective.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Yeah I’m sure you bumping your gums on a football forum is far more effective.

I don't care enough to protest tbh

Have you applied for your Irish passport?