Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

13 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Theresa is a remainer and she is playing a good game.  

Se wasn't always- here's a headline from The Independent in Nov 2015:o

EU referendum: Theresa May could lead 'Out' campaign after Nigel Farage says he'd be 'delighted' if she took the role

It was a bit of a surprise when she chose to support Remain, she made one speech only during the campaign, keeping a low profile - after Cameron resigned she was seen as someone who could bring the two wings of the Conservative Party together.  :lol:  

Just as cynical as BoJo - bet she wishes she hadn't bothered now!

37 minutes ago, btb said:

It was a bit of a surprise when she chose to support Remain, she made one speech only during the campaign, keeping a low profile - after Cameron resigned she was seen as someone who could bring the two wings of the Conservative Party together.  :lol:  

She was a conniving boot. Invisible as a senior member of the govt.  

2 hours ago, btb said:

She was a hard brexiter right from the very start. She never really picked either side publically, as she knew there was a great chance of becoming leader as long as she didn't alienate any of the tories at the time.

I doubt she has any regrets to be honest. She wanted to be in the position of forcing a hard brexit, while making it look like she was trying desperately to get a deal. It was planned all along.

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Only if the Withdrawal Bill clearly defines the post transition relationship.

If it's wishwashy about that then UKIP are back and the same splits remain in the two main parties.

May has two feasible options;

Customs Union Brexit and tearing her party in two.

Or, No deal Brexit and all the fun that will bring.

It’ll be her choice but she is fucked in either scenario. It’s getting close to the end game for her. 

There's no plan from anybody that doesn't leave us much worse off than than staying in. It's like the Emperor's new clothes story, why is anyone still playing along with it, other than those who have sent all their investments offshore and short selling the UK economy, like Rees Mogg and John Redwood as a tiny minimum?

We are facing an increasing number of Brexiteer MPs claiming that they are being told by their constituents "just get on with it".  Sadly there is at least one opinion poll I have seen that supports that.

ANYONE who's attitude to Brexit is "just get on with it" regardless of the outcome should be stripped of the right to vote.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Mad cow disease at Scottish farm uncovered at the same time they want to sell a border down the Irish sea.
Interesting.....

Watch uniomists clamour to be treated separately than the rest of the uk if its an outbreak

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

We are facing an increasing number of Brexiteer MPs claiming that they are being told by their constituents "just get on with it".  Sadly there is at least one opinion poll I have seen that supports that.

ANYONE who's attitude to Brexit is "just get on with it" regardless of the outcome should be stripped of the right to vote.

I've encountered any amount of them in this part of the world (Burnley and Greater Manchester)- In pubs, golf clubs, neighbours, etc, etc....

As soon as I hear these words I always respond with "What? You mean get on with it and leave without a deal?"

The reply is always yes. One guy told me just last night that we are British, and we've fought greater battles than this!

Fucking'ell.

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I've encountered any amount of them in this part of the world (Burnley and Greater Manchester)- In pubs, golf clubs, neighbours, etc, etc....

As soon as I hear these words I always respond with "What? You mean get on with it and leave without a deal?"

The reply is always yes. One guy told me just last night that we are British, and we've fought greater battles than this!

Fucking'ell.

It really tests my faith in the democratic process.  These folk deserve the worst excesses of a No Deal Brexit, sadly it will apply to all of us and not just them.

Theresa May :

"What has now emerged is the idea that an option to extend the implementation period could be a further solution to this issue of the backstop in Northern Ireland"

These words just don't make sense. What does she mean by a "further solution"?  Why would extending the implementation period solve anything?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Theresa May :

"What has now emerged is the idea that an option to extend the implementation period could be a further solution to this issue of the backstop in Northern Ireland"

These words just don't make sense. What does she mean by a "further solution"?  Why would extending the implementation period solve anything?

think she meant to say "final solution"  Be afraid NI.

Edited by dee_62

Given the fact that a majoirty in NI voted Remain I am astounded that there is not a greater demand for a United Ireland.  In the eyes of the public there is arguably more of a prima facie case for this than for Scottish Independence.

It would certainly removed the need for a backstop.

Given the fact that a majoirty in NI voted Remain I am astounded that there is not a greater demand for a United Ireland.  In the eyes of the public there is arguably more of a prima facie case for this than for Scottish Independence.

Not much of an appetite in ROI

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Not much of an appetite in ROI

You can hardly blame them.

I found this quite interesting. I can recall at the height of "The Troubles" when the British Army went into Northern Ireland, the plan was to protect the substantial catholic minority.

The times they are a changing....

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/protestantcatholic-gap-narrows-as-census-results-revealed-29004134.html

Edited by ICTJohnboy

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Fucking'ell.

If they're wanting to leave without a deal, we don't need to "just get on with it" surely?  Article 50 was triggered and we're leaving the EU in March next year regardless of getting a deal or not.  We can't leave any sooner.

2 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

If they're wanting to leave without a deal, we don't need to "just get on with it" surely?  Article 50 was triggered and we're leaving the EU in March next year regardless of getting a deal or not.  We can't leave any sooner.

If anything Article 50 should be extended.

What I was trying to say was there would be little point in extending the implementation period from March next year, when we don't know what kind of a deal (if any) will be implemented.