Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

The worry is that it gets thrown back at the SNP in a future independence vote. The again, Sturgeon could sneeze and it would be framed as “a blow to independence”.

I don't see how it could - the decision is about whether or not Britain has the right to revoke it's previous decision to invoke Article 50. 

To me it's no different to there being a vote for independence - the final say about leaving should still be with the Scotland not rUK.

Here the final say about leaving the EU should be with the UK not rEU.

With the revelation of Raab having no understanding of the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing, we can add the appointment of a Brexit secretary who knows nothing about the UK economy's relationship with the EU to the appointment of a Northern Ireland secretary who knows nothing about Northern Ireland in the list of this government's finest moments.

https://mobile.twitter.com/libby_brooks/status/1060496396300812290
The SNP may have just given Westminter MP's the power to reverse this whole cluster.
Absolute scenes if the ECJ rule the UK parley can overturn article 50.
Will Corbyn suddenly develop  a spine.
Well done the SNP, again....

38 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

With the revelation of Raab having no understanding of the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing, we can add the appointment of a Brexit secretary who knows nothing about the UK economy's relationship with the EU to the appointment of a Northern Ireland secretary who knows nothing about Northern Ireland in the list of this government's finest moments.

Strong and Stable they say..........

1E33C893-57FD-4EC3-95AF-F3C7FE2E998C.jpeg

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46147628

The DUP being screwed over. Pleasing

I'm pretty sure the PM has previously gone on record stating that no part of the UK will be treated any differently from the rest with regards to customs unions etc.

It will be fun watching them trying to worm their way out of this one...............

I'm pretty sure the PM has previously gone on record stating that no part of the UK will be treated any differently from the rest with regards to customs unions etc.
It will be fun watching them trying to worm their way out of this one...............
It was always going to happen once the PM got the budget through..
The DUP [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Border in the Irish Sea is good news for those wanting indyref2.

Basically all nations in the British Isles getting what they wanted apart from Scotland.

Companies possibly moving from Scotland to N.Ireland to stay in the CU.

Wipes away the border issue between an independent Scotland and England.

Paves the way for a united Ireland.

Mainland Britain post Brexit disaster...

16 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Border in the Irish Sea is good news for those wanting indyref2.

Basically all nations in the British Isles getting what they wanted apart from Scotland.

Companies possibly moving from Scotland to N.Ireland to stay in the CU.

Wipes away the border issue between an independent Scotland and England.

Paves the way for a united Ireland.

Mainland Britain post Brexit disaster...

Yes, in a normal country with an educated population, however my worry would be that it will be no doubt be lost on those with the "staunch" sevconian outlook and those that think Theresa May is a new contestant in X Factor............

We can all have a good laugh at the DUP getting screwed over, but more importantly the 10 votes going from supporting May to opposing her is massive given the Parliamentary arithmetic.

I could even see the DUP supporting something they don’t fully agree with in order for revenge.

I can see a few Labour MPs trying to help May* but she will not get sufficient numbers without complete capitulation of the Mogg/Johnson brigade and I don’t see that happening.

* Who will hopefully have the whip withdrawn and be deselected.