Brexit slowly becoming a Farce.

John Lambies Doos

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There will probably be another referendum.

The seeds have already been planted. Boris was given enough rope to hang himself. Farage has been smeared as a Russian agent based on nothing. Dacre has been pensioned off. The social media companies have toed the line.

For some reason the only people you defend on here are Trump, Farage and Putin, and occasionally and half heartedly, Corbyn. I've zero idea about what you really believe.

58 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Managed to watch most of the Commons May announcement today and it really had to be seen to be believed.  Shambles really doesn't even come close to what is happening.

The UK is the total laughing stock of the world right now. And for May to even attempt to go back the the EU for more negotiation is some brass neck.

The EU know how weakened she is and won't bend one inch. The rest of the world know how weakened she is and will take full advantage when the UK tries to cut trade deals.

How can anyone seriously believe we in Scotland are better off in this pathetic Union?  Genuinely would like to hear from Unionists on why Scotland is better within the UK as it's beyond my comprehension 

Always a wee paragraph at the end about independence. 

Edited by sparky88

Just now, Colkitto said:

Managed to watch most of the Commons May announcement today and it really had to be seen to be believed.  Shambles really doesn't even come close to what is happening.

The UK is the total laughing stock of the world right now. And for May to even attempt to go back the the EU for more negotiation is some brass neck.

The EU know how weakened she is and won't bend one inch. The rest of the world know how weakened she is and will take full advantage when the UK tries to cut trade deals.

How can anyone seriously believe we in Scotland are better off in this pathetic Union?  Genuinely would like to hear from Unionists on why Scotland is better within the UK as it's beyond my comprehension 

Scotland is far better off in the union because....erm!eh!well! Umm!....... We are too wee!

I have tried this before in one of the Indy threads. Didnt get an answer.

Its akin to getting an answer from a leave voter about how we will benefit.

Its a wee bit of a shame that its taken a minter of this proportion, but it will certainly put the Indy debate to bed forever given that there are now only two options.

1... Fire this pathetic "union" into the heart of the sun

2... Preserve it, and be sure in the notion that we deserve all we get as a nation of pure, undiluted shitebags having watched the Empire that is Great Britain thrashing around utterly humiliating herself in the most sad and embarrassing way and still voting to keep the life support machine on.

The lack of self respect of any Scot wishing to be part of this now is strong enough to taste.

15 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Ha ha. May stating that she will be going to Netherlands to meet (beg) the Dutch prime minister tomorrow. Statement on BBC now saying that he has no time to meet her. Britain really is a minter

So what does that mean?  Is she still going - act the tourist and do a bit of sightseeing?  Are the tulips still lovely in December? 

So what does that mean?  Is she still going - act the tourist and do a bit of sightseeing?  Are the tulips still lovely in December? 
A wee bit of xmas shopping and some chips and mayo...Is there a functioning government in this union of equals just now?

My first take on this postponement was that there had been feverish activity behind the scenes between the UK Government and the EU to try and push something over the line but now I suspect that a hasty decision was made in Downing St accompanied by yet another arrogant assumption that the EU would simply drop everything to do May's bidding.
I really hope Tusk, Merkel, Macron, Varadkar & Co stand four-square behind their agreed position and advise Barnier accordingly.

Just now, pandarilla said:
10 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Link doesn't work.

Even Melvin is broken.

My first take on this postponement was that there had been feverish activity behind the scenes between the UK Government and the EU to try and push something over the line but now I suspect that a hasty decision was made in Downing St accompanied by yet another arrogant assumption that the EU would simply drop everything to do May's bidding.
I really hope Tusk, Merkel, Macron, Varadkar & Co stand four-square behind their agreed position and advise Barnier accordingly.
Tusk and co are going to have a meeting about "furthering"the plans they have for a no deal brexit.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It's about May her faith and her ego about being a "difficult woman".